Ubuntu Leadership Team has merged with Ubuntu Community Team in order to keep resources focused on leadership.
Ubuntu Leadership Goals for the Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) Release cycle
* Finalize Chapters 1 and 2 Loco Leadership Handbook
- Get each chapter pushed to bzr
Promote these chapters to LoCo teams and ask for feedback
* Kick off Leadership Tutorials
- Venues: Blog / Video / IRC / Other?
- Establish how many per cycle
- Establish Process for planning, promoting, and providing tutorials
* IRC Leadership Tutorial Session Planning at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuLeadership/Projects#Online_Leadership_Tutorial_Sessions
Current Status: 32 possible skills identified (https://docs.google.com/document/d/13VOmTgEqCzIW8oITV2d5fIRD3xsiKRVMd39OUlpx6xQ), 7 skills selected for the initial sessions, 4 trainers committed. Pending a few tweaks (below) and some promotion, the first sessions are nearly ready to roll.
- Are the 7 selected skills the right ones? Any favorites for the next 7 in Feb/Mar/Apr?
Need to recruit a couple more trainers/assistants (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuLeadership/Projects#Skill_and_Trainer_List).
- Tentative Schedule: Every two weeks
- What's the best time-of-week / time-of-day?
- Different name? "Online Leader Growth Workshop"? "IRC Leader Toolbox Discussion"?
* Open Communication with Formal Leadership Councils, Boards, Canonical Community Team to establish more leadership mentoring opportunities throughout the Ubuntu Community.