We’re preparing Ubuntu GNOME Wily Werewolf (15.10) for distribution in October 22nd, 2015. With this Beta 1 pre-release, you can see what we are trying out in preparation for our next (stable) version. We have some interesting things happening, so read on for highlights, known issues and other information.
This is Beta 1 Release. Ubuntu GNOME Beta Releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Ubuntu GNOME Beta Releases are recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Ubuntu GNOME developers
For those who don't know the general difference between Alpha and Beta:
- With Alpha releases, we don't introduce many new features. The system that you are testing on the Alpha stage is under heavy development, however there is a a great chance you will not notice anything just yet.
- It is very common to see - for example - the slide show of the installer states you are installing 15.04 not 15.10. That's not a real bug when it is Alpha. It would be a bug if we are at Beta.
- You usually start to see some visible differences with Beta but not Alpha.
Getting Ubuntu GNOME Wily Werewolf (15.10) Beta 1
Download a Disk Image
Instructions for burning the image to a DVD or USB flash drive can be found on the Burning ISO Howto.
Check MD5SUM for the downloaded ISO
It is recommended to check your image file so your pre-release is as it’s supposed to be. Compare your MD5 checksum with the correct ones found alongside the images.
Beta 1 Highlights
- GNOME Shell 3.16
- Most of GNOME 3.16
- GNOME getting started guide is included and will run on first login
- Replaced Shotwell with GNOME Photos
- GNOME Music is installed by default
- Bluez 5
- Support to use syncevolution with GNOME Online Accounts (GOA)
Experimental wayland session is now available. Install gnome-session-wayland and then select "GNOME on wayland" from login screen (Only works with OSS GPU drivers).
Ubuntu GNOME Desktop
ubi-timezone failed exit code 1 error when installing UbuntuStudio Wily-15.10 32bit version (1462688) - the workaround is click continue anyway to carry on.
Wily user UI shows auto-login off after selecting on during install (1487819).
Booting live Wily image results in black screen with "wait for plymouth boot screen to quit" warning (1489147).
Development of Ubuntu GNOME Wily Werewolf (15.10) is ongoing and bugs are fixed every day. Before reporting bugs, please ensure your system is up to date and you're installing the latest build. For verifying installation related bugs, updated disk images are available from Daily bootable images for standard PCs/laptops/netbooks.
Testing Ubuntu GNOME
More Information about Testing Ubuntu GNOME is here
WilyWerewolf/Beta1/UbuntuGNOME (last edited 2015-08-27 15:19:50 by neotel-234)