LXLE Home Page
LXLE Paradigm - A Lubuntu Respin
LXLE stands for Lubuntu eXtra Life Extension.
LXLE is simply a respun Lubuntu OS with different goals:
Develops a beautiful, modern-looking, intuitive desktop - for anyone to use easily.
Sticks with LTS only releases of Ubuntu to ensure hardware & software support.
Based on Lubuntu Linux to ensure a fast capable desktop for aging computers.
Stays with Ubuntu at the core of the system to ensure plentiful support options.
Keeps desktop and other major software updated to the latest stable version.
Provides a complete drop in and go replacement for XP, Vista, 7 Starter/Basic.
Covers most users everyday needs by providing an excellent set of default apps.
Adds useful necessary modifications, to improve performance & functions.
A Full-Featured Operating System for Aging PCs.
- 32 and 64 bit OS versions available.
- Stable and rock solid performance.
- Boot to online time: 15 - 60 seconds (depends on hardware.)
- The latest versions of all major software.
- Prudent full-featured Apps, preinstalled.
- Uses an optimized LXDE user interface.
- Four familar desktop layout paradigms.
- Added PPA's extends available software.
- Updated Openbox, PCmanfm, OpenJDK
- Fast Forecast, Aero Snap, Quick Launch
- Gorgeous, randomized wallpapers preinstalled.
- Panel Trash access
- Theme consistency throughout system.
- Light on resources; Heavy on functions.
Facebook Community Page
Most of the information you need about LXLE Paradigm can be found in the Ubuntu and Lubuntu support areas. However, issues related specifically to LXLE's implementation of components will need to be addressed directly through LXLE-specific resources. Ubuntu does not provide support for such things.
uDuck may be the fastest way to find specific information online. This meta search engine was developed by the LXLE team for help and support.
Users are requested to try their best to find solutions to their problems before entering the live support areas, as this will weed out the frequently asked questions. Your attempt to help yourself is considered good etiquette, before asking the friendly volunteers to engage with your problems. (Clue: If nobody answers you right away, you might wonder if your question is a FAQ.)
LXLE Paradigm 12.04.3 LTS
- Download and Configuration:
- Supported until April 2017.
- Minimum Hardware Requirement: 512 MB RAM, P3 or higher.
LXLE Paradigm 12.04.4 beta
- Now testing.
- LXLE Paradigm 12.04.3 LTS is a stable respin of Lubuntu 12.04.3. This means that LXLE's foundational software is Lubuntu and Ubuntu based.
- The best place to find support for Lubuntu and Ubuntu distros is in the Ubuntu wiki's, forums, and their respective websites. These well developed support areas can assist you with: how to format your hard drives; make installation DVDs and USBs; install software packages; and almost anything else you may encounter.
One of the fastest ways to find support for all kinds of Ubuntu distributions is by using a meta search tool, such as uDuck, which can be installed easily with this short tutorial. uDuck toggles to uGoogle, its mate.