How I got involved
In 2005 I have installed Ubuntu for the first time, and I loved it. The installation went very satisfactory. A year later I came into contact with the Dutch forum. I've learned to use Ubuntu and Linux thanks to a very helpful community. When I became more familiar with Ubuntu, I slowly started to help other people on the forum.
Since Dec. 2007 I was one of three team leaders of the Dutch Ubuntu-team. Till end 2008. In 2011 I was elected for the Ubuntu NL board and governance.
* 2005-04 The Hoary Hedgehog release. My first serious efforts to replace my windows desktop into Linux.
* 2007-03 Locally I am a contact-person for Ubuntu, helping people to install Ubuntu on their personal computer. Contact person
* 2007-03 Member of the Dutch Ubuntu-team. Moderator Ubuntu-NL forums. Dutch Team
* 2007-12 Special focus on the maintainance of the Dutch website. Contributions
* 2008-02 Ubuntu member.
* 2008-10 Ex-team leader, ex-IRC operator, ex-moderator and ex-contactperson press for Ubuntu-nl.
* 2010-11 Leading ubuntu-nl-mwanzo-team. IRC operator for the Ubuntu-nl-mwanzo teams on Freenode.
* 2011-04 Member of the Community Board of Ubuntu Nederland.Membership page
* 2011-04 Member of the Community Governance of Ubuntu Nederland. The daily leadership of the Dutch LoCo and responsible for communication with the international community and third parties. Membership page
* 2013-04 Ex member of the Community Governance of Ubuntu Nederland. The daily leadership of the Dutch LoCo and responsible for communication with the international community and third parties.
* 2013-04 Ex member of the Community Board of Ubuntu Nederland.Membership page
soulzing is an active moderator on the dutch forums (with over 10.000 posts ;)), I have been working with him for more than a year. He's friendly, very social towards the community. I know him also in Real Life and he is a good friend of me now. (BartBroeckx 26 November 2007)
soulzing is an active moderator on the dutch forums and has been very active for quite some time now. SebastianSchauenburg [27 November 2007]
soulzing as a mod is simply almost always there. Most of all I appreciate his kindness and mildness towards others. If Ubuntu has a palet he's one of the softest but also one of the brightest colors. Yes, he definitely represents the Ubuntu-spirit. (laacque November 27th 2007)
soulzing is a key member of the dutch locoteam and his contribution to the dutch forums are invaluable. I'm very glad he decided that he wants to become Ubuntu member, he really deserves it. Dennis Kaarsemaker
soulzing is a very gentle moderator for the dutch-speaking forum. But when needed quit clear in saying and doing what has to be said and done. Since last week one of our new teamleaders and being so a step forwards for the whole team. (WHellinga, 31 December 2007)
He's a great guy.. I don't know him as well as the others, but I've been a forum moderator together with him for a very long time, and he still enjoys helping others on the Dutch forums. I'm looking forward to meeting him in person at the next Dutch Hardy Release Party (WesleyStessens; Jan 9, 2008)