March 30th, 2010, 13:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.
- Link to previous meeting
- Link to next meeting
Action Items from March 23rd, 2010
- cooloney to get karmic-proposed imx51 kernel with NEON fix in
- ncommander to extend invite to ericm and amitk to report on kernel status
- plars to follow up with crimsun on the sound bug and report back
- asac to upload libplist with -marm
- asac and dmart to get firefox rendering issue upstreamed
- Kernel Status (cooloney, ericm)
QA Status (GrueMaster, plars)
ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)
ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)
- Any Other Business
Meeting canceled due to Ubuntu Mobile team being mostly unavailable.
Tobin Davis (GrueMaster)
Built test system and installed Windows 2003 server with updates and third party ftp server software to test network issues seen on Babbage (karmic & lucid). Tested new kernel with network driver rewritten to take advantage of common phylib resources showed a dramatic improvement of network data transfer rates. Further testing pending arrival of outdated 10/100 Ethernet hubs to close additional bugs reported.
- Extensive work testing and fixing audio issues on Dove platform. First issue fixed was for pulse to be able to enable/disable headphone/line swap switch for user accessibility. Now users can select audio output direction from the sound applet.
- More digging into root cause of pulseaudio not allowing certain sound sample rates to be played.
- Assembled new Linux server for mirroring ports repositories and testing netboot/rootfs on arm. Should be operational for Beta 2 testing.
- More work on pulseaudio issues. Hope to resolve before Beta 2.
- Ramp up pairwise testing now that the images are stabilizing.
- Document lsb library testing procedures.
Jamie Bennett (JamieBennett)
- Investigated a couple of FTBFS packages with no real conclusion.
- Worked on fixing bugs in webservice-office-zoho.
finished off Bug 539626, Needs translation support
Talked to Zoho about Bug 537365, Uses open office icons, should use something else, Zoho have committed to supplying distributable icons.
Packaged and released version 0.2, then 0.3 of webservice-office-zoho at https://edge.launchpad.net/webservice-office-zoho/trunk/0.3 There will be another release as soon as icons have been received from Zoho.
- Spent some time working on beagle board bring up, research and experimenting.
- Usual administration tasks such as meeting documentation, reports and infrastructure.
- Finish off the webservice-office-zoho package when we have icons.
- Background research for possible UDS topics.
- Triage the FTBFS list.
Steve Kowalik (StevenK)
- Thursday archive admin duties.
- Fight to keep images building.
- Seeded webservice-office-zoho on armel.
Paul Larson (plars)
- Helped IS with cabling issues for new buildds
- testing on neon network performance on karmic
- tested a new kernel with updated FEC driver for lucid imx51
- build a serial debug cable for beagle
- updated pairwise iso tracker to switch to all-options testing for beta 1.
- worked on some scripts to help with generation of bug lists for release status
- began testing on ubuntu-one and ubuntu music store on arm
- tested backport of the new fec driver to karmic
- more testing
- omap image bringup if it becomes available/testable