The Listen Bugtracker hosts Listen Music Player bugs that are upstream to Ubuntu.
Using the bug tracker
Listen bugs are tracked upstream at Listen Project. Click 'Register' under the Search button and enter your user name.
The basic search functionality is the search box which is designed to be simple to use. At the Search page you can search by:
By clicking on "Add filter" , you add to the search filter; by clicking the "boxed - ", you remove filters. This filter technique allows very basic and very advanced searches. Help for searches is here.
After adding or removing filters, click on "Update" to begin the search.
Filing new bugs
After searching for possible duplicates you can file a new bug using the guided bug filing. Simply click on "New Ticket" in the menu bar. Include a basic description of the problem and link to the original Launchpad report.
Check if the bug is already reported with the search tool
If it does not already exist open a new ticket
As you file the new bug report, please keep the following in mind:
- Copy the Summary from the launchpad bug to Summary and add any keywords for later searches
- Provide a complete description and a link to our bug in Launchpad. It is good to start with
This bug has been reported on Ubuntu Launchpad as: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/BUG_NUMBER
Many times, you can copy the description from the Launchpad report. This lets you file the bug with the information from the original reporter intact. Expand on the information given, if you need to.
"Type" is either bug or enhancement, since wishlist items are filed using this form also.
- You need to set "Priority", "Component", and "Version" by selecting the correct items
- If you wish to have Listen notify you of any changes to this bug report, place your email address in CC
- You are given the opportunity to check your report over by clicking "Preview". When the report is correct, click on "Create ticket" to submit the report.
After this follow the steps listed here for linking the report to Launchpad.
Launchpad Bug Watch
After you have forwarded the bug to Listen's bugtracker you will want to create a "Bug Watch" in Launchpad that links the Ubuntu bug to the Listen bug. This bug watch will be updated regularly and reflect the status of the upstream bug report. Details on creating one are found at Bugs/Watches.