The Xfce bugzilla hosts a range of packages that are upstream to Ubuntu including the standard Xfce desktop and additional components like Thunar, which is the Xubuntu-desktop file manager.
Most packages listed in bug subscribed packages for the Xubuntu Team, including:
- ristretto (found in xfce-goodies)
- thunar and thunar-???
- xfce, xfce-???, xfce4, xfce4-???
- xfdesktop and xfdesktop4
- xfmedia and xfmedia-???
- xfwm4 and xfwm4-???
Using the bug tracker
Xfce bugs are tracked upstream at bugzilla.xfce.org. Click 'Open a new Bugzilla account' under the login box and enter your email address.
The basic search functionality is the search box which is designed to be really simple to use but still allow you to use some more advanced search features. At the Search page you can search by:
- Bug Numbers
- etc ...
You can also click "Search" on the menu bar under the heading from anywhere in Xfce Bugzilla to get to the search page.
There's also functionality that allows you do to advanced searches which you can find at the Advanced Search page. Click on "Give me some help" for more information on search. As you mouse-over each item, a help tip will then appear for it.
Filing new bugs
After searching for possible duplicates you can file a new bug using the guided bug filing. Simply click on "New" in the menu bar under the header. Include a basic description of the problem and link to the original Launchpad report:
For forwarding bugs to the Xfce Bugtracker (aka Xfce Bugzilla) you should follow these steps:
Check if the bug is already reported with the search tool
If it does not already exist open a new bug
Before submitting a new bug, you need to take care of a few things:
- Choose the Xfce and product version, also you need to select a component, almost all the products have a description about their components that is visible when the component is hilighted.
Choose the OS - in most of the cases Linux, unless the bug affects all OS's.
Set the correct severity
- Do not change Priority, Initial_State, Flags, Requestee, Assign_To, or QA Contact
- If you wish to have Xfce notify you of any changes to this bug report, place your email address in CC
- Do not change Alias or URL
- Copy the Summary from the launchpad bug to Summary and add any keywords for later searches
- Provide a complete description and a link to our bug in Launchpad. It is good to start with
This bug has been reported on Ubuntu Launchpad as: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/BUG_NUMBER
- Check your report over and click on Commit to submit the report
After this follow the steps listed here for linking the report to Launchpad.
Keywords and conventions
Since the simple search is based on finding the words in the summary and description, keywords are not used in the Xfce bugzilla.
Launchpad Bug Watch
After you have forwarded the bug to Xfce's bugzilla you will want to create a "Bug Watch" in Launchpad that links the Ubuntu bug to the Xfce bug. This bug watch will be updated regularly and reflect the status of the upstream bug report. Details on creating one are found at Bugs/Watches.