For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
RobbieWilliamson - chair
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
- Merged: clock-setup, kbd, console-setup, lilo-installer, busybox(including fix for #293586, though that will need to be backported to intrepid), anna, finish-install, netcfg, silo-installer, yaboot-installer, grub-installer, palo-installer, parted, base-files, partman-newworld, partman-crypto, partman-ext3, partman-jfs, partman-xfs, partman-reiserfs, iso-scan (phew)
- Some debian-installer bug review, including cleaning up very old daily-installer-* directories from the archive (#40186).
- Followed up to upstart/util-linux #273189 with a more detailed description of work to be done (noticed during finish-install merge).
- Investigated casper #70566 at some length by way of sponsorship processing; I have a cleaned-up version of the proposed patch in my casper working tree now, but this is likely to need more complex fixes in usplash in order to display non-ASCII characters properly,including perhaps switching to unifont.
Prepared for and presented a usb-creator UbuntuOpenWeek talk (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekintrepid/UsbCreator).
- Added a warning about what operating systems will be removed when selecting the "use entire disk" option in ubiquity. Still needs to be added to the advanced page.
- Wrote up instructions on using the Ubuntu USB disks. Still in progress as I need to verify that they do not work on Intel Macs (firmware issue) other than my aging 2006 iMac. If anyone has an Intel Mac, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this.
- Modified ubiquity to notify the user of what operating systems will be deleted if they choose to use the entire disk. I still need to provide proper i18n support for this.
- Dropped the timezone setting code from casper as it's unnecessary and resets the time on every reboot in persistent mode. Looking into why update-initramfs is disabled on the Live CD, especially in persistent mode, with the hope of fixing LP: #292159.
- Made numerous fixes to usb-creator in preparation for an SRU for Intrepid and a backport for Hardy. Merged with Mario's branch and added i18n support.
- Fixes for system-cleaner's many bugs in intrepid, to prepare an SRU. (The upload has now been done, kindly sponsored by Michael Vogt.)
- Nov 04 - Nov 07: OOo ESC meeting / OOoCon, planning report
- Nov 11: email catch up, catchup on bug reports, openjdk 6b13 build,
- gcc-snapshot update
- updated for jaunty and uploaded
- Better error reporting on upgrade calculation failures
- SRU for evms removal (LP: #292179), needs to be added
for hardy->lts+1 too
- Do not add "relatime" if "noatime" is already given
- add release update notifications on the server via
- make apt-check a python module, refactoring the code
- to make it cleaner, remove unneeded output, add --human-readable
- Modify update-notifier-kde to work with the latest update-notifier
- apt-check changes so that it can drop its own copy and just can use the one in update-notifier-common (lp:~mvo/update-notifier-kde/mvo)
- merge update-motd support from kirkland with some modifications
- upload version that will show the amount of upgradable packages
- in the motd
- create a branch for a own dist-upgrade notification icon
- Remove debian/rules arch-build from update-notifier and use
- the bzr-buildpackage hooks
- Work on apturl and add some basic (client side)
- string substitution
- Work on apturl and (known) channel adding support for
- known repositories (from app-install-data-commercial)
- Refactoring apturl for better UI speperation and cleaner
- code - a qt frontend should be straightforward now
- asked for security review of my changes (thanks kees!)
- improved whitelisting and stronger checks
- upload new apturl
- Apt code review/merge from jackyf
- Trying to debug a cache open problem (race between
- Work on python-apt fix for ports.ubuntu.com
- merge the jauty branch
- remove a bunch of old patches
- upload to jaunty
- lots of merges, sync requests
- gnome-terminal, metacity, dput, software-properties, command-not-found
- bug triage
- Setup jaunty devel environement
- boot beatuficaion call and research into it
- (kernel modesetting, plymouth, ...)
- draft uds agenda items
- sru for app-install-data-commercial
- research how to block shutdown during upgrades, would be
- relatively straightforward if gdm would use hal for the shutdown, need to discuss this with seb
- working on getting the archive ready for jaunty
- post-release email roundup
- change around the mythbuntu image builds from alternates to liveCDs, per Mario
- SRU reviews
- cleanup of PAM bugs
- partner archive cleanup
- Monday archive duties