For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
RobbieWilliamson - chair
- UDS Karmic
- Reminder for performance reviews
- AOB/Good News
- Synced: mlocate, klibc, partman-newworld, ocaml
- Merged: rootskel, partman-auto, base-installer, netcfg, localechooser, console-setup
- Fixed partman-auto-lvm to make partman-auto-lvm/guided_size preseedable.
- Fixed gfxboot-theme-ubuntu #360087 (bootloader.pot not present in the binary package).
- Initial, very basic, Ubuntu branding work for GTK d-i.
- Short week, bank holiday on Monday, May 4th
- Lots and lots of work on usb-creator in ~evand/usb-creator/future.
- Further refactoring, drag and drop support, disk image support, unit tests, proper mounted partition management, properly handling errors from external commands, etc.
- Merging changes from Bruno Dilly's OEM team branch.
- Merged liw's progress time estimator into usb-creator trunk. Perhaps this is something we can use in ubiquity as well.
- Had discussions in #ubuntu-devel over how we call dd in usb-creator to create the casper persistence file. It was agreed that we move back to the Intrepid behavior and I made the necessary changes in trunk.
- Work on migration-assistant Windows registry Python bindings. By the end of next week I hope to have those and the Mac OSX binary plist code finished.
- Drafting UDS Karmic specifications.
- Further writing of documentation relating to the speech work that I will likely be doing in the karmic cycle
- Discussions with upstrea about the future plans of accessibility for GNOME 3.0, particularly relating to speech
- Updated gnome-orca to 2.27.1, accerciser to 1.7.1, mousetweaks to 2.27.1, gok to 2.27.1, and merged at-spi with Debian changes 2.26.1 for karmic.
- Merged espeak with latest changes from Debian in karmic.
- Audio bug triaging
- Updated and merged the alsa stack, alsa-driver, alsa-lib, alsa-plugins, alsa-utils, and alsa-tools to 1.0.19 for karmic.
- Updated and merged pulseaudio to 0.9.15 for karmic. Still need to update paprefs and pavucontrol.
- Updated dmraid to latest Debian revision for karmic.
UbuntuStudio disk image testing for jaunty
- Further planning for UDS karmic
- glibc merge with Debian unstable
- openjdk-6 update for karmic
integrating build of different VM's from the openjdk packaging into IcedTea.
- openjdk/llvm/shark integration in the ubuntu packages, llvm update
- update symbols files for the various GCC runtime libraries, file bug reports, fix regressions, rinse, repeat.
- on lpia, build GCC-4.4 with code opt defaulting to atom. Note, it did default to i386 until Apr 30.
- bank holiday May 01
- travel to Cologne for a one-to-one meeting with Muharem
- worked on a bunch of merges together and I sponsored them
- Add autolaunch minimal interval for u-n (#369198)
- Fix some update-notifier debug logging issues
- Upload new update-notifier to karmic
- Debug/reproduce kubuntu-kde4-desktop upgrade problem (#368459) and fix in u-m
- Make update-manager always display version strings in the changelog details even if no changelog can be downloaded
- Fix comment bug in u-m (#300504)
- Work on auto-install-tester
- Debug strange upgrade problem (#370062) and add workaround code, its still unclear what has caused the error but the error condition should be detected and handled now (long)
enable "update-manager -d" for jaunty->karmic upgrades (and test with kvm)
- Debug/fix apturl refresh problem (thanks to dobey) and SRU (#356781)
- SRU for compizconfig-backend-gconf (#352656)
- Work on compiz karmic packages
- - cleanup - add coreabiversion patches from debian - merge interessting bits from the the debian packages
- Integrate the compiz-core-abiversion-$ver into the plugin packages
- dash, curl, newt (forward patch to debian), file, findutils, slang2, strace, popcon(sync)
- Debug/fix g-a-i search bug (#354563)
- Update python-apt distros for karmic
- Change apt_check.py to only count security from $(lsb_release -c -s)-security updates (thanks to seb128)
- update popcon.ubuntu.com to deal with karmic and armel
Scott James Remnant
- SRU processing for jaunty
- a couple of d-i merges in preparation for alpha1
- merge libxcb, python-support, gnome-sharp2, libgsf, pm-utils, ptlib,pygments, rss-glx, texlive-bin, ttf-sazanami, libpam-ldap, libitext-java,libxml-twig-perl, vim
- syncify glib2.0, gmime2.2, ndesk-dbus, ndesk-dbus-glib, coreutils again
- push more patches up to Debian so I don't have to merge these again next time!
- coreutils upload to fix sort segfaulting in kernel-wedge
- try to fix a user's backlight handling via hal (bug #360795)
- acpi-support (bug #366119), happily trimming the package down even
- follow up on bug #139661 (aptitude)
- mono (bug #344750)
- Performance review season
- Monday archive duties