For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
- You - chair
Lightning round order
1 from random import shuffle 2 team = [ 3 'Keybuk', 4 'barry', 5 'cjwatson', 6 'doko', 7 'ev', 8 'mvo', 9 'surbhi', 10 ] 11 order = team[:] 12 shuffle(order) 13 print ', '.join(order) 14
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Farming out tasks that aren't being handled
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Next week's chair
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
- started looking at quickly python
- filed bug 585617, submitted patch, worked w/didirocks for approval
- email exchanges
- started; built 2.7 ppa
- uploaded python 2.7 from debian
- updated python-defaults to use 2.7
tested on maverick vm; lots more packages to convert
- more emails on debian-python
- 2.0.1 tweak for maverick
- filed and fixed bug 586088, forcing 2.0.3
- sponsor upload from mvo fixed problem
- udd packaging refactoring test, found bug 587058
- bug triage
- sprint travel, us holiday, maverick vm, various server issues
- dkim draft discussion w/scottk
- Merged: choose-mirror (tedious), rootskel, debian-installer (tedious), partman-auto-crypto, partman-ext3, ttf-cjk-compact, partman-partitioning, partman-target, bsdmainutils, openssh, lowmem, partman-auto, partman-auto-lvm, partman-crypto
- Synced: partman-lvm, partman-md
- Upgraded mklibs' symbol handling to cope with new binutils/eglibc.
- A good deal of SRU processing and archive administration.
- Spent the latter part of the week upgrading Debian's grub2 packaging to a current snapshot and doing a bug trawl. It's got into a sufficiently bad state to be attracting attention on debian-devel, and nobody else is really in a position to deal with it. Most of the bugs are relevant to Ubuntu as well anyway, and we were going to need a newer snapshot as a base for development work in Maverick.
- Fixed several undefined-behaviour buglets in GRUB, noticed while watching interminable compile runs.
- Fixed grub-probe to work with symbolic links under /dev/mapper as well as with real block devices.
Discussions with Debian over including usb-creator (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=582884)
- Reviewing usb-creator branches from Dmitrijs.
- Meeting with Mark and Michael to discuss the status of the installer redesign specification.
- Specification drafting. All that's left is the work items for the installer redesign spec (blocked on the spec being finished) and getting others to fill in foundations-m-upgrade-and-install-testing.
- Work on foundations-m-upgrade-and-install-testing.
- Hudson research.
- Wrote code to remaster an ISO with the built-from-tree ubiquity, sikuli dependencies, and Hudson slave machinery.
- Wrote a plugin to Hudson to put a slave offline as part of the build step, so we can safely physically reboot slaves and let jobs queue up until they've finished booting.
- Added support for shared locks to the locks-and-latches Hudson plugin. This will let us create both "build ubiquity" and "test ubiquity" jobs that take a lock, but slaves of the "test ubiquity" job can still execute at the same time.
Uploaded a patch to bash-completion and ultimately reverted it when it was found to have some unintended side-effects that I don't believe we can work around (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-June/001077.html).
- Made a 10.04 USB image for the shop.
- two day face-to-face mini sprint with Arne
- split functionatlity into dbus-backend/frontend
- add aptdaemon support
Export writeSystemLang, writeSystemLanguage, GetMissingLanguages via dbus
- add stub verify_no_unexpected_changes() to the cache (for arne)
- create lp:~mvo/language-selector/sync-languagelist-from-localechooser branch to sync languagelist file between l-s and d-i
- fix bug #584438 (for real now hopefully)
- fix cache mark bug
- simplify the ifs in _mark_additional_writing_aids() and _mark_additional_translation_packages
- Discussion about new apps implementation
- review lp:~hellium/software-center/installed-date (pending on contributor agreement)
- Merge/upload new aptdaemon
- add get_subscribed_archives_async() function to GLaunchpad
- push new launchpad backend module lp:~mvo/software-center/launchpad-login
- review/merge lp:~mmcg069/software-center/catview2
- review/merge lp:~mmcg069/software-center/catview2 branch and refactor a bit to keep old webkit functinatlity (optional)
- work on buy-stuff (lp:~mvo/software-center/launchpad-login)
add support for lucid->maverick upgrades
- make pockets configurable
- fix url_downloadable in proxy environment
- work on moving u-m backend to aptdaemon and debug hang
- merged from the experimental branch/donkult branch
- Debug/fix crash in maintenance-check.py
- Deja-dup: ran into #486662 and push fix
- Edit-patch: fix to work with full path (#569053)
- Merge gdebi patch
- Review/sponsor computer-janitor (for barry)
- Review/sponsor updated sessioninstaller (thanks to Sebastian Heinlein)
Scott James Remnant
- UK Holiday Weekend
- Have been mostly (still) listening to myself teddy-bearing at UDS, turning them into notes, and trying to formulate a roadmap for Upstart