For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
Lightning round order
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Farming out tasks that aren't being handled
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Next week's chair
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
- import debian's python 2.7 package
fix sysconfig/python2.7-minimal bug & submitted debian bug report
- updated udd docs
- moved py27 stack to ~pythoneers
- dealing with numpy/pygtk ppa ftbfs
- ported doko's versioned .so files patch to py3k
- repaired test failures
- added distutils support
- discussed w/POX
- will take upstream to python-dev
- discovered and reported initramfs-tools-bin mav amd64 package fail
- rt issue re: pipermail
- ppu rights granted for c-j, flufl.* and a few others
- need to upload new versions
Reviewed and applied Phillip Susi's patch to fix a dmraid regression in lucid installations (568050).
- Removed gnupg-curl and libldap (and extensive dependencies) from the base system.
- Uploaded Joey's partman-btrfs to Debian, synced to Ubuntu, and fixed a simple bug in it. Installer support should work now.
- Landed basic grub-probe btrfs / support in Ubuntu (Surbhi is working on /boot support).
- Applied btrfs discovery patch to Debian parted (cleaning up a few other bugs along the way), and landed that in Ubuntu.
- Stopped adding umask=007,gid=46 to fstab for EFI System Partitions.
- Extended EFI version of grub-install to be able to install into a UEFI-specification-compliant location.
- Handled GRUB EFI upgrades.
- Arranged to mount method=efi filesystems on /boot/efi.
- Created EFI System Partitions automatically on */efi subarchitectures.
- Technical Board meeting (chaired).
- Merged: initramfs-tools (giant), grub2 (and consequential fixups in lupin)
- Meeting with Michael to discuss the state of the install design specification and brainstorm for the unfinished parts.
- Mail to Amanda to discuss the restricted extras option.
Started working on the progress widget. Leveraged VteTerminal and in-memory GTK styles to match Michael's mock-ups.
- Ran through a ubiquity install in debug mode to verify where we are writing to the debconf database (SET and INPUT).
- on vacation last week