For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
- You - chair
Lightning round order
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Farming out tasks that aren't being handled
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Next week's chair
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
- short week due to holidays/illness
- bug 627654 investigation
- landed pep 3149 upstream
- gtimelog update and packaging
2010-08-23 - 2010-08-27
- Backported fix for bogus warning messages from dpkg upstream (#619135).
- GRUB 2:
- Reverted to gfxpayload=text (#605614, #608429, #612626).
- CD boot menu changes requested by Kubuntu team (#608746).
- New grub-rescue-efi-amd64 package (possibly temporary).
- Ported cdrkit patch from Fedora to add -efi-boot option.
- Added GRUB EFI configuration to debian-installer and debian-cd on amd64, making those images multi-catalog.
- Added busybox cross-compiling support (#623392).
- Reviewed Upstart patches from server team.
- A few bits and pieces from foundations-m-spring-cleaning.
- Merged: grub2, debian-installer-utils
2010-08-31 - 2010-09-03
- Archive cleanup work for beta (openoffice.org-voikko installability, sash functionality on amd64, and lots of archive-side work).
- Fixed Wubi, which was trying to run conditionals using GRUB's rescue parser rather than its normal parser (#600578, #617715).
- Fixed oem-config KDE frontend crash (#627549).
- Worked around apt-cdrom madness on writable USB sticks (#627672).
- Did a good chunk of the release management work for beta, in consultation with Kate and Robbie.
- Stopped grub-installer asking for a boot device on UEFI.
- Fixed partitioning code to mount the first method=efi partition on /boot/efi.
- Still trying to get my test machine to boot a 64-bit kernel, but no luck as yet. Will wait for serial console hardware instead.
- Suppressed verbose debugging messages in webkit (cherry-pick from Debian).
- Merged: grub-installer, partman-efi, usb-discover (#627004)
- debug ssl timeout failure with donkult
- fix missing apport report writing (thanks to mdz)
- forward aptitude patch for FTBFS to upstream
- merge fixes from debian-sid, upload new verison
- lots of branch review/merges
- aptdaemon: merge/upload new bzr snapshot
- branch merges, fixes in "what's new", "featured" display
- fix crash in local checkouts
- implement the "find it at" part of the spec
- workon/test buy-something
- work on the addons branch, add tests, debug logic
- review/merge and471 gtkbuildre branch
- review/merge gtkbuilder-and-gui-polish branc
- debug/fix crash in doPostUpgrade (#618597)
- fix label wraping for label_downsize
- remove the extra "demoted" dialog, move into main confirm dialog
- use treeview for the details (in gtk)
- fix #624894 and upload to maverick
work lucid->lucid-updates upgrade profile
- App-install-data update
- Command-not-found data update
- Gdebi: merge debian branch/upload
- Policykit: add session-auto-restart support for the agent
- Travel preparing
- Update-notifier: merge xdg patches from Sebastian Geige
Work with kamstrup on s-c & unity integration
Scott James Remnant
* Investigated kernel boot up code, initramfs, udev and mdadm - to figure out the Raid Bringup
* Finding out what the requirements are to make the initramfs event based for bringing up RAID. (In the coming weeks, shall look at how this could possibly be done)
* Worked on bug 628400. Shall send a sponsorship request soon.