Tues Nov 17, 2015
This newsletter is to provide a status update from the Ubuntu Kernel Team. There will also be highlights provided for any interesting subjects the team may be working on.
Kamal has released 3.19.8-ckt10 stable.
Luis has placed 3.16.7-ckt20 stable out for review.
Kamal has placed 3.13.11-ckt30 stable out for review.
GKH selected v4.4 as the next upstream LTS kernel.
Devel Kernel Announcements
- Our Xenial kernel is open for development. Our Xenial master branch is still tracking Wily's v4.2 based kernel, but Xenial master-next is currently rebased to v4.3. We’re actively getting DKMS packages cleaned up against v4.3 before we upload to the archive.
- Important upcoming dates:
- Thurs Dec 31 - Alpha 1 (~ 6weeks away)
Stable Kernel Announcements
Status for the main kernels, until today:
Precise - Testing & Verification
lts-Trusty - Testing & Verification
Trusty - Testing & Verification
lts-Utopic - Testing & Verification
lts-Wily - Testing & Verification
Vivid - Testing & Verification
Wily - Testing & Verification
Current opened tracking bugs details:
For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
Current cycle: 08-Nov through 28-Nov
- 06-Nov Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
- 08-Nov - 14-Nov Kernel prep week.
15-Nov - 21-Nov Bug verification & Regression testing.
22-Nov - 28-Nov Regression testing & Release to -updates.
Next cycle: 29-Nov through 19-Dec
- 27-Nov Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
- 29-Nov - 05-Dec Kernel prep week.
06-Dec - 12-Dec Bug verification & Regression testing.
13-Dec - 19-Dec Regression testing & Release to -updates.
- The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following link: