Tues June 06, 2017
This newsletter is to provide a status update from the Ubuntu Kernel Team. There will also be highlights provided for any interesting subjects the team may be working on.
- Canonical Kernel Livepatch Service now available for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- Simple Job Scripting now in stress-ng 0.08.00.
- Microsoft is using stress-ng for their Windows Subsystem for Linux shim.
- Xen security update released on Zesty, Yakkety, Xenial, and Trusty
- 4.11.0-5.10 in artful-proposed
- Unstable updated to 4.12-rc4
- canonical-kernel-team/proposed PPA available for testing artful proposed kernels
- Refreshed bcc snap on latest bcc tip (pulls in a bunch of bug fixes)
- Preparation of 4.4.70 upstream stable kernel update for Xenial
- CVE's fixed in latest Xenial SRU
Devel Kernel Announcements
Version 4.11 is now in artful-proposed. We have a new ppa to make testing easier:
Stable Kernel Announcements
Current cycle: 02-Jun through 24-Jun ==================================================================== 02-Jun Last day for kernel commits for this cycle 05-Jun - 10-Jun Kernel prep week. 11-Jun - 23-Jun Bug verification & Regression testing.. 26-Jun Release to -updates. Kernel Versions ==================================================================== precise 3.2.0-126.169 trusty 3.13.0-119.166 vivid 3.19.0-84.92 xenial 4.4.0-78.99 yakkety 4.8.0-53.56 linux-lts-trusty 3.13.0-117.164~precise1 linux-lts-vivid 3.19.0-80.88~14.04.1 linux-lts-xenial 4.4.0-78.99~14.04.1 Next cycle: 23-Jun through 15-Jul ==================================================================== 23-Jun Last day for kernel commits for this cycle 26-Jun - 01-Jul Kernel prep week. 02-Jul - 14-Jul Bug verification & Regression testing.. 17-Jul Release to -updates.
- The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following link: