March 2014 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- 2014-03-06 meeting:
- Check-in with Technical Board
- 2014-03-20 meeting:
Check-in with LoCo Council
Developer Membership Board
- #ubuntu-meeting: DMB, 10 Mar at 15:00 UTC
- Chair: Stéphane Graber
- Present: Iain Lane, Stefano Rivera, Barry Warsaw, Micah Gersten
Review of previous action items
All items have been done at this time.
Confirm election results (Laney)
The discussion about "Confirm election results (Laney)" started at 15:05.
Vote: Confirm the nominations of micahg, xnox and bdmurray to the DMB (Carried with 5/0/0)
ACTION: stgraber to add the new DMB members, update the IRC bot, wiki, mailing-list subscriptions, IRC ACLs, ...
Ubuntu Core dev application: Adam Stokes
Adam didn't make it to the meeting.
Ubuntu Core dev application: Serge Hallyn
The discussion about "Ubuntu Core dev application: Serge Hallyn" started at 15:12.
Vote: Serge Hallyn for Ubuntu Coredev (Carried with 5/0/0)
An update from the Forums Council for March 2014
The forum gave an update on a new democratic way to nominate forum members for moderator positions. The council are quick to state it is only a draft currently but can be viewed here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumCouncil/TeamNomination . Feedback is welcome, please create a thread in the Ubuntu Forums Members area.
Caboose885 gave an update on the new unanswered posts team. Currently it has 9 members but is growing slowly. If you are interested in joining the team please get in contact with caboose885
- Chair: Marc Deslaurers
- Attendees: Adam Conrad, Stéphane Graber, Steve Langasek
- Apologies: Kees Cook, Martin Pitt
- Review our current "provisional" Micro Release Exceptions
- Still pending
- LTS status for Ubuntu flavours
- Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Kylin will be supported for 5 years
- GNOME, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu, Studio and Lubuntu will be supported for 3 years
- [ACTION] infinity to mark 14.04 LTS flavor support in Launchpad
- Chair for next meeting: Martin Pitt
- Chair: Martin Pitt
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Team Meetings
- Team Updates
knome worked on the flyer, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing/Projects/Flyers for progress
got a few more translations of the startubuntu flyer http://xubuntu.org/marketingresources/
DONE: knome merged documentation and slideshow stuff
DONE: knome fixed docs translation validation issues
- elfy not much to report in qa - only planned calls for testing left are beta and rc
DONE: knome pushed a new start page for docs
- xubuntu-qa to get menulibre testcase up within the next week
DONE: knome and pleia2 worked on the flyer, almost ready
- elfy images got tested ~50 times
- elfy no upgrade testing done
- elfy ibus keyboard issue this has been picked up by someone from Canoncial Desktop Team
ACTION: xubuntu-qa Push upgrade testing, slow down on daily testing
- many bugs were looked at and some have patches queued
if there is any bug at http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-t/group/topic-t-flavor-xubuntu.html you are working on, but is not assigned to you, please do that ASAP
- knome did things that are marked as "done" in the blueprints
- knome updated the website content + some page looks
- pleia2 completed website-related updates on /Xubuntu/Processes
- knome and pleia2 worked to get the G+ group owner issue resolved
- knome and ochosi worked on the wallpaper during the last two weeks, producing many blue variants
knome and pleia2 updated system requirements and added a new page at http://xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/requirements/
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
17 March 2014 - O'buntu Hour Kitchener-Waterloo
first classroom training for new Ubuntu users (all details are available on official Czech site)
- preparations for 14.04 Ubuntu Release Party
German Kubuntu Team
- We attended Open Source Conference 2014 Tokyo Spring as exhibitor and speaker.
- Software Design
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners were held in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* On Wednesday 12th, Ubuntu How-To day was held in Belgrade haklab.
* On Saturday 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th March, Administration team meeting was held.
South African Ubuntu team
Tue, 25 March: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team
Ubuntu Women Team
Team Meeting March 11th