October 09, 2011 Meeting


[21:01] toddc_  Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1
[21:01] spinrage        +1
[21:01] toddc_  +1
[21:01] Eric-A  +1
[21:01] toddc_  Feel free to make comments and add input to our meeting at anytime.
[21:01] toddc_  Anyone here new tonight please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself?
[21:01] toddc_  I will also be in http://azlocobbb.banditti.com tonight if you want to talk or see me.
[21:02] toddc_  but I just upgraded flash and cannot do cam or audio ATM
[21:02] toddc_  I will start with the news so others can get here
[21:03] toddc_  Ubuntu 11.10 will sync your installed apps across computers
[21:03] toddc_  http://liliputing.com/2011/09/ubuntu-11-10-will-sync-your-installed-apps-across-computers.html
[21:03] toddc_  http://zareason.com is planning on selling a open source 10 in tablet will dual core ARM
[21:03] toddc_  it will come with ubuntu
[21:04] toddc_  playterm.org is a great place to see terminal recordings and learn the correct commands
[21:04] toddc_  How to use Jupiter with Ubuntu 11.10 to control netbook power features
[21:04] toddc_  http://liliputing.com/2011/09/how-to-use-jupiter-with-ubuntu-11-10-to-control-netbook-power-features.html
[21:04] toddc_  Ubuntu One Sync App Released for Windows
[21:04] toddc_  http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/?p=21165
[21:04] toddc_  Add a ‘Force Quit’ Applet to Ubuntu’s Unity Launcher
[21:04] toddc_  http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/10/force-quit-applet-unity-launcher/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+d0od+%28OMG%21+Ubuntu%21%29
[21:05] toddc_  The linux Action Show did a nice review on Virtual box
[21:05] toddc_  http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/12691/virtualbox-pros-and-beginners-las-s18e10/
[21:05] toddc_  3 Days till 11.10 will be released on October 13 2011
[21:05] toddc_  Oneiric 11.10 is now in Beta 2 for testing and seems stable on my tests after four weeks
[21:06] toddc_  TEAM NEWS
[21:06] toddc_  We would like to start several Ubuntu hour events at coffee shop or bars for quick get togethers
[21:06] toddc_  if anyone would like to find a spot on the west or north please let us know? Dennisk is arranging one at
[21:06] toddc_  the xtream bean in Tempe dates and time to follow
[21:07] toddc_  I have been unable to order 11.10 cd's but have emails into several contact's at Ubuntu
[21:07] toddc_  and am told we should be fine and so we should have cd's in 2-3 weeks
[21:07] toddc_  TEAM SERVER NEWS
[21:07] toddc_  the test server is ready to to go so if you want to test you skills or program please let us know
[21:07] toddc_  see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Teams/Server for more info
[21:08] toddc_  Current plans are to add BigBlue Button to azloco.com also a link to the Ubuntu classroom Training Page as soon as Drupal is updated. So, if someone has time /skill please let me know
[21:08] toddc_  http://test.azloco.com/ipxe/
[21:08] toddc_  Thugal is looking at to see what needs to be done
[21:08] toddc_  TEMPE INSTALLFEST
[21:08] toddc_  Server Installfest Saterday Oct 15 Fry's Electronics 10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208
[21:08] toddc_  Azloco/plug installfest is Oct 29 at UAT 48st and Baseline road Tempe across from
[21:08] toddc_  Fry's Electronics 10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208
[21:09] toddc_  The last several installfests have been very busy so if you have time or want to meet any of us or have problems feel free to show up.
[21:09] toddc_  We are planning a 11.10 Release party for the October 29 installfest this a global event
[21:10] toddc_  Linux Security Hackfest 12-3 Sat AT Gangplank see azloco.com calender or plugaz for more info
[21:10] toddc_  it is a great event to learn and test your security penetration skills.
[21:10] toddc_  xHans if you are here do you have any news for us?
[21:10] xHans   a few things
[21:11] xHans   PLUG east side meeting this Thursday
[21:11] xHans   http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2011/10/13/14/-/plug-east-meeting.html
[21:11] xHans   Makerfaire a week from Saturday, on Okt 15th
[21:11] xHans   http://gangplankhq.com/2011/10/maker-faire-coming-to-phoenix/
[21:11] xHans   that's a busy day this year
[21:12] xHans   I won't make it to either the Makerfaire or server Installfest because that's also the day for the Phoenix Oktoberfest, which is put on by actual Germans and Austrians and Swiss and Dutch
[21:13] xHans   this is why I avoided Oktober for ABLEconf
[21:13] xHans   speaking of ABLEconf...
[21:13] xHans   ABLEconf in person planning meeting a week from Tuesday @ Iguana Macks @ 18:00
[21:13] xHans   http://www.ABLEconf.com/
[21:13] xHans   Free Software Stammtisch a week from Tuesday @ Iguana Macks @ 19:00
[21:13] xHans   http://www.LuftHans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley
[21:13] xHans   those two events are one after another in the same room at Iguana Macks
[21:13] xHans   ABLEconf goes for an hour starting at 18:00, then Stammtisch starts at 19:00
[21:14] toddc_  I under stand that gangplank will be closed a while and I did talk to LisaK about moving the Hackfest to Uat as a combined event with the server installfest but no decision has been made as of yet
[21:14] xHans   ABLEconf now has two monthly planning meetings: 1st Wed online using AZLoCo's Big Blue Button instance ( thanks! ) and 3rd Tuesday of the month in person at Iguana Macks
[21:15] xHans   ok, thanks for keeping track of what's going on with the security meetings!
[21:15] xHans   I gave up after too many changes for me to track
[21:15] toddc_  np
[21:16] xHans   community college classes start at week from Monday at Mesa Community college
[21:17] toddc_  I will be out of town this week but should be back before our Sunday meeting next week!as long as the car or traffic permits
[21:17] xHans   probably at other colleges as well, but I know Estrella Mountain starts some classes on alternate weeks for some reason
[21:17] xHans   have a great trip
[21:17] xHans   ok, that's all the news from me
[21:17] toddc_  will do thanks
[21:17] toddc_  that is all I have any questions or comments or other news or ideas?
[21:18] toddc_  if there is nothing else?
[21:18] xHans   nothing from me
[21:19] toddc_  thanks for coming tonight but I will be here a while if anyone needs help or has a question
[21:19] xHans   thanks again for all the work you do toddc_
[21:19] toddc_  np
[21:19] toddc_  thank for class info and plug info
[21:19] Eric-A  what's the topic for thursday night?
[21:20] xHans   happy to advertise
[21:20] xHans   Eric-A: I do not know and I can't make it this week
[21:20] Eric-A  k, thanks
[21:20] xHans   I'm about to email the rest of the steering committee to see if someone else knows

Parent pages: ArizonaTeam/Meetings ArizonaTeam


ArizonaTeam/Meetings/October 09, 2011 Meeting (last edited 2011-10-10 04:23:13 by tcole3737)