Sunday March 09
Welcome to the Ubuntu-Arizona LoCo Team Wiki page. We are an Approved Ubuntu LoCo Team and a volunteer organization within the State of Arizona who are committed to Ubuntu advocacy and education. Our goal is to increase the public awareness and use of Ubuntu and Open Source in our state. Our Community Projects are geared so that we return more to the community than we receive, and we always endeavor to live up to the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
If you are interested in helping our team achieve its goals, please follow these instructions: Membership. They will assist you in registering at launchpad, and the ubuntu-us-az mailing list. It will also give you instructions on setting up the IRC chat client XChat so that you can join our team IRC channel and chat with all our team members. We offer a casual social atmosphere while at the same time working to promote Ubuntu.
Our online meetings are held every Sunday on IRC Channel: #ubuntu-us-az in irc.freenode.net at 9:00 pm MST (4:00 am UTC). If you are unfamiliar with IRC chat channels, there are instructions on how to set up xchat listed in the above Membership link. You can also go to our web site at http://www.azloco.org/ and click the support link to enter the IRC channel.
Ubuntu also hosts online training sessions. You can see their calendar at http://people.ubuntu.com/~nhandler/classroom.html which shows UTC not Arizona time. and also check out ubuntu on-air for more events and classes
Arizona Ubuntu LoCo now has three installfests each month on the First and Third Saturdays, at the University of Advancing Technology (UAT) across from Fry's Electronics at 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Tempe, room 208. Enter from the rear of the front building from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. and the Last Saturday of the month at Paradise Valley Community College 18401 North 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85032, US 9am – 2pm check our calendar at http://www.azloco.org/node/28 Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
AzLoCo how has two Ubuntu hours to meet and chat about linux and open source one in Tempe Az and one in
Surprise Az check the calendar for accurate current info at http://www.azloco.org/node/28
- As stated in the introduction, our goals are to help spread the use of Ubuntu and Open Source in the State of Arizona. We will implement team and community service projects as needed to achieve these goals.
- Ubuntu Hour Events are currently being held in Tempe and Surprise, Arizona. The Tucson events are currently on hold.
- IRC meetings are held weekly on Sunday nights. The IRC channel is open 24 hours a day to help users with questions and communicate with team members.
- Release Parties, we do demonstrations of new features and installations for our team and local participants.
(Does not include recent but regularly scheduled events)
- We recently held a workshop to instruct more AZ Team Members how to apply for Ubuntu membership. This process is continuing.
- Our Team supports and attends local security events and supply networking equipment servers and CD's Banners and Teach or Train on many subjects and events.
Server Team Page See how we are using Ubuntu server technology to help others statewide
You will find our IRC Chat Channel especially helpful if you have specific questions about Ubuntu, or are in need of technical help. Our team meetings are every Sunday @ 9:00 PM local time on the IRC Channel. Feel free to drop in anytime you need help, or just to chat and get to know us.
Ubuntu Team IRC Chat Channel: #ubuntu-us-az server: irc.freenode.net Ubuntu Team Website: http://www.azloco.org/ also has direct link to our IRC channel
Linux radio shows
Ubuntu News & Resources
Thank you for taking the time to consider membership in our LoCo, and please check back often.
If you encounter any problems which you can not resolve, please send an email to <email@example.com> or <firstname.lastname@example.org> describing your problem. We look forward to meeting you soon!