Sunday Febuary 14, 2016
Welcome to the Ubuntu-Arizona Local Community Team Wiki page. We are an Approved Ubuntu Local Community Team and a volunteer organization within the State of Arizona who are committed to Ubuntu advocacy and education. Our goal is to increase the public awareness and use of Ubuntu andP Free and Open Source Software in our state. Our Community Projects are geared so that we return more to the community than we receive, and we always endeavor to live up to the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
If you are interested in helping our team achieve its goals, please follow these instructions: Membership. They will assist you in registering at launchpad, and the ubuntu-us-az mailing list. It will also give you instructions on setting up the IRC chat client XChat so that you can join our team IRC channel and chat with all our team members. We offer a casual social atmosphere while at the same time working to promote Ubuntu.
Our online meetings are held every Sunday on IRC Channel: #ubuntu-us-az in irc.freenode.net at 9:00 pm MST (4:00 am UTC). If you are unfamiliar with IRC chat channels, there are instructions on how to set up xchat listed in the above Membership link. You can also go to our web site at http://www.azloco.org/ and click the support link to enter the IRC channel.
Ubuntu also hosts online training sessions. You can see their calendar at http://people.ubuntu.com/~nhandler/classroom.html which shows UTC not Arizona time. Also check out ubuntu on-air for more events and classes
- Ubuntu Arizona Local Community (AZLOCO) and the Phoenix Linux User Group (PLUG) co-sponsor two install-fests each month on the First and Third Saturdays from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., at the University of Advancing Technology (UAT) across from Fry's Electronics at 2625 W Baseline Rd Tempe, AZ 85283, room 206/207. Enter from the rear of the front building.
AZLOCO now has four Ubuntu hours to meet and chat about Linux and open source (two in Tempe AZ, one in Surprise AZ, and one in Sierra Vista AZ). Check the calendar for accurate current info at http://www.azloco.org/node/28
- As stated in the introduction, our goals are to help spread the use of Ubuntu and Free and Open Source Software in the State of Arizona. We will implement team and community service projects as needed to achieve these goals.
- There will be a presentation on "Introduction to Linux" given by Rex Bouwense to the Kingman Computer User Group on 14 February 2016 from 2-4 pm. at the Katherine Heidenreich Adult Center, 1776 Airway, Kingman, AZ 86401
Ubuntu Hour Events are currently being held in Tempe (1st & 4th Thursday of every month), Surprise (1st Wednesday of each month), and Sierra Vista (4th Thursday of each month).
- IRC meetings are held weekly on Sunday nights. The IRC channel is open 24 hours a day to help users with questions and communicate with team members.
- Release Parties, we do demonstrations of new features and installations for our team and local participants.
- Members participate in Ubuntu Global Jams.
- AZLOCO members participated in the Global Jam for Ubuntu 15.04 on 7 Feb 2015 during the semi-monthly Install-fest.
- A presentation on Linux Basics was given by Todd Cole at the Computer Technology Conference on 19 Feb 2015 and AZLOCO members conducted a Linux installfest on 21 February at the conference.
SCALE 13x AZLOCO members attended the Southern California Linux Expo 19-22 Feb 2015.
- A Linux Workshop was held in Tucson, AZ. on 28 Mar 2015.
https://plus.google.com/111285361198176059670/posts (Does not include recent but regularly scheduled events)
- Our Team supports and attends local security events and supply networking equipment servers and CD's Banners and Teach or Train on many subjects and events.
Attend the monthly Phoenix Linux User Group (PLUG) meetings http://phxlinux.org/ to conduct liaison, distribute CD/DVDs, exchange Ubuntu & FOSS information, and demonstrate new programs.
Attend the monthly Linux User Group of Yavapai (LUGY) meetings http://lugy.net/ to conduct liaison, distribute CD/DVDs, exchange Ubuntu & FOSS information, and demonstrate new programs.
Attend the semi-monthly Cochise Linux User Group meetings http://cochiselinux.com/ to conduct liaison, distritute CD/DVDs, exchange Ubuntu and FOSS information, and demonstrate new programs
Server Team Page See how we are using Ubuntu server technology to help others statewide
You will find our IRC Chat Channel especially helpful if you have specific questions about Ubuntu, or are in need of technical help. Our team meetings are every Sunday @ 9:00 PM local time on the IRC Channel. Feel free to drop in anytime you need help, or just to chat and get to know us.
Ubuntu Team IRC Chat Channel: #ubuntu-us-az server: irc.freenode.net
Ubuntu Team Website: http://www.azloco.org/ also has direct link to our IRC channel
In addition AZLOCO has a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UbuntuAZTeam/ and a Google + page https://plus.google.com/111285361198176059670/posts
These are open projects that need your help.
Linux radio shows
Ubuntu News & Resources
Thank you for taking the time to consider membership in AZLOCO, and please check back often.
If you encounter any problems which you can not resolve, please send an email to <email@example.com> or <firstname.lastname@example.org> describing your problem. We look forward to meeting you soon!