bzr branch lp:loco-team-portal
cd loco-team-portal; less INSTALL
Note: If you are doing development on 12.04 you will need to replace python2.6 references to python2.7 in the Makefile
Review our release process.
General development tips and tricks.
Critical: Security or major feature not working
High: Other functionality failure or new implementation deemed necessary
Medium: Sub-optimal functionality bug or usability improvements
Low: Trivial problems, such as typo's, poor wording or layout optimizations
Wishlist: New features or functionality that is desirable but not necessary
Work Items (as of 11/16/2011)
[nigelbabu] Investigate OpenStreetMap for all of Ubuntu community as well as LTP: TODO
- [cprofitt] Contact Richard Weait of Open Street Map about integrating with loco.directory: DONE
- [cprofitt] contact bdmurray about map script that puts flags on map: DONE
[txwikinger] Investigate OpenStreetMap for all of Ubuntu community as well as LTP: TODO
- [czajkowski] Open a dialog with OSM higher-ups: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Create style guide and code cleanup for compliance: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] List of teams grouped by language in addition to continent: TODO
[loco-directory-dev] photos on the LoCo Team Portal frontpage or some page: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Read-write API for LD: TODO
[loco-directory-dev] Add AskUbuntu badges next to user names in LTP (talk to marcoceppi): TODO
- [daker] Open up the user profiles for users to edit and publish the information: TODO
[loco-directory-dev] Announce the LoCo Team Portal updates on twitter/facebook: TODO
- [mhall119] Use formatted text in agenda descriptions: TODO
- [mhall119] Investigate and choose reStructuredText, Creole, or Django templates for dynamic pages (markdown is preferred): TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Change the twitter stream to be live updates: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Mootbot to interface with LD: TODO
- [chrisjohnston] Discuss with design team about improving front page of LTP: TODO
- [chrisjohnston] Make the map dismissable (or maybe just smaller?)( This is waiting on someone to do the code the replacement stuff): TODO
- [nigelbabu] Wiki page for new developers that describes the project and steps for getting started: TODO
- [mhall119] Polish bootstrapping process: TODO
- [mhall119] With czajkowski, get with IS about getting the emailing functionality working: INPROGRESS
- [chrisjohnston] Add event recaps: INPROGRESS
- [loco-directory-dev] Add event image URL: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Replace event id in URL with datetime stamp + name slug: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Create a flag for LC members to mark a team as a language team: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Code out a separate area on the teams page for language teams: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Remove physical events from language teams: TODO
- [loco-directory-dev] Add the ability for a language team to be a part of a physical event: TODO
In its 0.1 release we plan to replace the "big list of loco teams" and make administration of that list a lot easier.
- Log in via Launchpad OpenID.
- Overview of teams
- Detailed view of team data.
- Click Update button, will check if you're admin of that team.
make ./loco_directory/teams/forms.py work (used within ./loco_directory/templates/teams/team_update.html). It currently explodes when you try to change data. (Efrain)
Ask teams to join ~locoteams (Nick and Efrain)
Add functionality for ~loco-council change of loco contacts, etc. (Daniel)
Add functionality to pull team information to Launchpad. (Daniel)
- Make sure that all approved teams end up in ~approved-locoteams (Nick and Efrain)
New view "upcoming re-approvals". (Daniel)
Take care of translations. (Daniel)
Code cleanup and general beautification. (all)
Import Launchpad team owner and team admins (Daniel)
Really let lpupdate script update information (Daniel)
- Offer STATEful file. (Daniel)
Add Venues from within the TeamEvent form.
Offer previous venues in the TeamEvent form.
- Arrange so Only Horsemen can add Global Events?
- Arrange so only Admins can add Team Events?
- On Team Details offer, last 5 events organized by the team
- On Event Details page, offer 5 random registered attendees (link to launchpad page) as teaser, full list available at a click distance.
On Events main page offer the last 5 registered by the LoCo team Community
- On Event Details page, offer last 5 post in microblogging services (identi.ca, twitter)
- On Event Details page, pull 5 random pictures from a web album in picasa, flickr etc.
- Sexy Map. (Ubuntu-Drupal, Chris)