December 2013 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- Updated planet.ubuntu.com with updated members list.
- 2013-12-05 Meeting:
Meeting minutes & log: http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-12-05-17.00.html
Discussed schedule for next meetings: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6525687/
Meeting minutes & log: http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-12-19-17.05.html
- Catch up with Developer Membership Board
Set up Technical Board Election: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2013-December/001759.html
Set up IRC Council Election: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-irc/2013-December/001637.html
Developer Membership Board
- Chair: stgraber
- Present: Barry Warsaw, Benjamin Drung, Iain Lane and Stefano Rivera
Review Previous Action Items
- The December 30th meeting will be canceled, next meeting to be on the 13th of January.
- Rest of the actions were carried to next meeting.
Dmitry Shachnev for PPU of: python-markdown, python-keyring, python-secretstorage, python-docutils, python-qt4, sip4, sphinx and the QT5 packageset
- Approved with 4 votes for, 0 vote against and 0 abstention.
Graham Inggs for MOTU
- Approved with 5 votes for, 0 vote against and 0 abstention.
Any other business
- Chair for the next meeting will be ScottK.
- December 30th meeting skipped due to end of year holidays.
An update from the Forums Council for December of 2013
Loco forum migration is going well. Elfy will liase with LoCo Council as required.
- The Unanswered Threads team is restarting. The Unanswered Threads subforum will be re-opened and moved to a suitable home, caboose885 will be given sub forum mod status.
- caboose885 to come to next meeting to follow up on first month of UA team reboot.
- No new Ubuntu Member applications this month.
- Next meeting is set for 5th Jan @ 20:00UTC
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Team meetings:
- Team updates:
- ochosi is testing getting rid of gnome-icon-theme in 14.04 to reduce overhead
- Everyone can test that by using the shimmer daily PPA (bluesabre put up trusty packages today)
- skellat is satisfied with testing whiskermenu via no-change backport to 12.04 and is willing to vote on a proposal to make it default
- skellat has made no-change backport versions available in ppa:skellat/tests for those willing to try whiskermenu who are not yet on trusty
ali1234 made a tool to easily change panel layouts: https://github.com/ali1234/panel-switch/ command line only at the moment, but it does the job. needs someone to design a gui
- Set up call for testing schedule
- Image testing: 64 bit - 5 people did 7.3% of all possible tests and for 32 bit - 4 people did 13.2% of all possible tests
Automatic image testing - working for us now, though currently all failing due to the user-session bug, can be seen here https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/All/job/ubiquity_ap-xubuntu_devel_daily-run/
- Package testing - 13/13 Mandatory, 4/5 Run Once, 10/22 Optional - atm 3 people tested packages(these all need further testing calls though) re schedule
- Used the contact team members (xubuntu-testers) for testing call last time, 1 person amongst those mentioned above seems new to me
- QA team is running now - good forward step this, everyone knows (or should) what each other is working on
- Call to be written explaining exploratory testing - these will be reported via packages tracker, but is about people testing when they're using apps rather than to a schedule
- gthumb 3.2.5 is now uploaded, a second upload will re-add webapps
- Sent "What's New in Trusty" doc proposal email to ML
- autopilot tests has a bit of a step forward, looks like we can do some basic testing with the xfce at the moment (checking to see if they open)
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
- December 13th: Ubuntu speech, giving away Ubuntu guides in Molins de Rei, Baix Llobregat, Catalonia.
- December 16th: irc meeting about how well the Saucy release party went.
German Kubuntu Team
Report of December 2013
- The Graphics team create two new Christmas logo for our forum
We held "Ubuntu Weekly Recipe & Topics 300th" at 21st Dec. About 60 people attended.
- Software Design
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
- Ongoing discussions on FB group and Forum
- Blog/News feed, 23 articles
- Participating and contributing to local TV program called "Surfuj pametno!". Two episodes in December feature Ubuntu and OSS!!!
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners were held in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* On Saturday, 01st 2013 12:00 - 18:00 UTC Ubuntu support party for HIV positive persons were held in Belgrade haklab. Gatharing and sharing knowledge and talk about safety at all levels in life.
* On Friday, 13 Dec. 2012 12:00 - 18:00 UTC Ubuntu Friday 13. party was held in Belgrade haklab.
* On Saturday 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23th, 30th December Administration team meeting was held.
* On Tuesday 31st Ubuntu New Year Eve. Happy holidays.
South African Ubuntu team
Mon, 23 December: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
* 2013-12-05: The event "A Cup of Ubuntu" held in Linköping.
* 2013-12-19: Ordinary IRC meeting, minutes from the meeting.
* 2013-12-30: IRC meeting for the Swedish translator group.
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Beginners Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team
Ubuntu Women Team
Team Meeting December 10th