This page documents a standard process for assessing new contributors to moderated translation teams. It is intended to be used as a guideline and adapted to each team's workflow.
Assessing new members
- The new member should be subscribed to the team's mailing list
- The new member must have done a sustained contribution in translation:
- He/she is familiar with the team's translation guidelines and has provided translation suggestions up to the standards.
- He/she is familiar with the team's workflow, including
- Assignment of translations
- Review process
- The translations must be done according to the standard defined for the language (i.e. the "neutral" variant should be used instead of dialects).
- Membership is given for a limited period of time (1 year is recommended), after which the members can renew their membership
- New team members might be asked to sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
- Sustained contribution can be assessed either by:
- A given minimum of translations Karma (e.g. 500)
- A given minimum period of activity (e.g. 1 month)
- In bigger teams, the new member's application might be subject to vote