Xubuntu Team Reports
Welcome to the Xubuntu reporting page. Every month this page should be filled with bullet points indicating the summary of some of the work you have been working on. As you work on something, try to summarise it here. A few guidelines for how to write good points here:
- Keep it simple and short - single sentences are best.
- Try to summarize your work and not be over-detailed - we don't need to know specifics, just a summary of the kind of work involved
- Where possible, include relevant links.
Our current report
- Team Meetings
- Team Updates
- Lots of positive social media response to both the Xfce surveys and call for testing of Intelligent Panel
- Not much in the way of image testing currently
jjfrv8 finished the power manager docs I started abd then postponed, and they're already online -> http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/1.4/start
- package testing slow - as expected, given we've pulled that back now
- QA and dev/ochosi calling for testing on staging
- jjfrv8 has been patiently checking through testcases for reporting issues
Started planning a Xubuntu QA global jam for the California LoCo on Sunday February 8th, local marketing/qa?
- Thanks to Unit193 we'll have a panel in our ubiquity install session that exposes important indicators (network, sound, a11y)
- ochosi tested bluez5 (as that is supposedly an upcoming transition) and things seemed to work just fine (bluetooth keyboard)
- Unit193 and bluesabre are also working towards resolving the black background in our ubiquity install session
- gtk3.14 is still stuck, #ubuntu-desktop folks (mostly larsu) are still working on the transition
- Team vote, carried: Based on the feedback from the community, should we stick to our decision of not installing XChat by default anymore?