Ubuntu-be.org 2008 kickoff meeting
Sunday Jan 06 2008 starting at 9.15
@ IndyMedia office, Haachtsesteenweg / Chaussée de Haecht 51, Schaarbeek
- Easy to reach by public transport (15' walk from Brussels north station)
- See below
*** IF YOU WANT TO JOIN US, PLEASE SMS MARK YOUR NAME ASAP AT +32 486961726; 25 PEOPLE IS THE LIMIT ***
- please bring a wifi equiped laptop with gobby (collaborative editor) installed
- if possible, please also bring a power strip, power cable, ethernet cable, switch
confirmed: BenjaminSion, MarkVanDenBorre, FrancoisCauwe, ChristopheVandeplas, SebastianSchauenburg, PierreBuyle, JanClaeys, DieterVanderfaeillie (morning), AlexandreLaurent, BartBroeckx, KoenWybo, Koen Vervloesem, StephanvanIngen, David Geens, KevinElaerts, RobVanDyck (morning)
- 9.15-9.45: participants starts trickling in.
- 12.30-14.00: noon break
- 16.00-16.30: short break
- food with interested participants
ChristopheVandeplas will take care of food & drinks
- refund from ubuntu-be.org war chest
- donations appreciated!
- approx 25 people
- fruit (apples, ananas, pineapples, ... )
- bread + things to put on it
- drinks (water + softdrinks)
plastic glasses (JanClaeys has a package of 50)
Name Badges/Stickers + pens: DieterVanderfaeillie
power strips, switches, power & network cables
Subjects to pick from for the schedule
Internal education of ubuntu-be.org members/Learning to evangelise. --> Chri, François
- Support point maps: Develop drupal / future?
support points map: maintenance, cleaning up cruft: --> Mark
coordination belgium project (FR_BE, NL_BE, DE_BE): --> Chri, François, Mark, Wesley
Release parties --> Wesley, Bart Broeckx
Ubuntu-be.org website --> Pieter (see wiki), Wesley, Mark
Fair evaluation and future planning: Dipro / FOSDEM (before noon?) --> Chri, Dieter, JanC, Mark
- private contacts list for ubuntu-be.org staff (press contacts, ...)
- Press contacts (LTS !)
recruiting new active members --> François
- event planners team?
- planet: ubuntu-be.org members blog aggregation
- Educating people on ubuntu
Promoting use in education (before noon?) --> François, Chri, Dieter Mark
Relation to commercial partners --> François
Marketing actions --> Chri, François
contacts with NL, FR, DE --> JanC, Sebastian, Mark, Wesley
- preferably, we need at least 1 participant who has some experience with ubuntu-fr!
Material & knowledge buildup
localized CD --> JanC, Pieter (i wont be there, but i'll post something on the wiki), Wesley
- educational materials
DO: translating official desktop course: --> Mark
female participation --> JanC (but I want at least 2 females attending too! )
- promotional materials (getting/creating posters,...)
- organise a translation sprint?
- organise a packaging jam?