For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
ColinWatson - chair
Lightning round order
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Farming out tasks that aren't being handled
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
- computer janitor dbus refactoring; ready for review
- python-argparse MIR and 1.1 update
- ratings and reviews server for software center
- update-manager bug 537250
- review of doko's pycompile patch for 2.7 and 3.2
pep 3147 work - first simple support for pycache working! (lp:~barry/python/pep3147)
- prep for python 2.6.5 final (due out on friday)
- vim #509900.
- hostname #523588.
- emacs23 #444094.
- Migrated to parted 2.2, in both Debian experimental and Lucid. (Awaiting Debian release team approval before putting it into Debian unstable; looks like it could take a while.) Based on this, arranged for partman to use optimal alignment constraints when creating new partitions or maximising an extended partition (#530071).
- Fixed grub-installer partition offset handling for GRUB Legacy.
Tried a hardy->lucid upgrade, and fixed a couple of bugs that showed up, including a messy libc6/findutils/dpkg dependency loop which I avoided in findutils.
- Upgraded to grub2 1.98.
- Fixed klibc (#534281) and libtommath (#534293) build failures.
- dpkg performance/reliability/security backports (#442114, #512096, #532445). (The fsync change turned out to regress performance; discussing upstream.)
- Various ubiquity bug-fixes (#531864, #535630, some small unfiled ones).
- Ported console-setup to udev/upstart (#524439). This included extending loadkeys to try to find a non-raw-mode console by itself.
- Updated installation-guide for Lucid (#501572, #415469, #496554).
- Fixed an infinite loop in blkid (#528073).
- Fixed a bug in usb-creator that surfaced with the move to parted2.1.
- Brought back the resize progress dialog in ubiquity that went away when we hid all progress dialogs on the automatic partitioning page.
- Made the strings for the keyboard query widget translatable.
- Fixed the focus grab on the next button on ubiquity startup.
- Hunted down bug 534473 (apt-setup selecting the wrong CD mountpoint), thanks to sabdfl lending me his usb disk.
- Looked into a bug for bigjools that turned out to be 528667.
- Michael Forrest is working on a simplified version of usb-creator for Mac, but separate from the usb-creator codebase. Helped him with that a bit.
- Working with Michael, Ken, and Otto to get the time zone map updated and fixed around India.
- Imported translations from gnome-panel to let us strip the seconds from the time zone map time. Freeze exception request filed as bug 538156.
- Created a password strength meter for the user setup page. Freeze exception request filed as bug 537995.
- Fixed the bug whereby we weren't setting the language for the live environment when exiting ubiquity.
- Fixed some small bugs in ubiquity (thanks pycheck).
- Worked on moving the partition bars on the automatic partitioning page to sit directly under the option they reflect. Still a work in progress.
- Was pulled in for OEM tasks for much of the week:
- Time allocation: 80% OEM, 20% platform
- Software Center
- Bug work, triage, fixes
- Cleaned up some fixme's in partner channel code
- Weekly call with mvo and mpt
- Quiet on the bugfixing front, there seem to be few problems that people are hitting currently.
- Got the latest code in to lucid (thanks Jelmer).
- Have a couple of branches to merge.
- A chunk of sponsoring.
- Launchpad hacking to fix a few important issues for us.
- Spoke with Jos about opportunities on the server.
- Archive admin duty.
- two new lucid test installations
- llvm, clang, llvm-gcc-4.2 updates from the 2.7 branch
- again, some toolchain updates, too many test builds
- openjdk update to the icedtea6 trunk; will become the 1.8 release; volunteered as 1.8 release manager.
- python bug triage
- python bug fixes and updates in preparation for the coming subminor release 2.6.5 and 3.1.2.
- work on ec2 rnr instance (setup, debug failures)
- upload reviews branch into software-center PPA and make it work against reviews ec2 instance
- add gnome-app-install transitional package
- work on review-stats branch (lp:~mvo/rnr-server/reviews-stats)
Prepare ratings&reviews call
- upload new version with new theme and notifiy ubuntu-docs
- cherry-pick progress bar improvements from michaelforrest (thanks!)
- debug/fix #415026 (fold do-release-upgrade --check and check-release-upgrade into the same program)
- work on "do-release-upgrade"
- test upgrade on real HW
- document "nomodeset" kernel cmdline workaround in ubuntu wiki
- analyize failure
- Debug/report i830 based graphics failure #534375
- move XF86Config-4 away on upgrade (really really outdated)
- merge fixes from Wesley Schwengl (thanks)
- import updated translations from rosetta
- Debug/fix(?) update-manager/apport issue #369951
Apt: add "oldlibs" to Apt::Never-Mark-AutoRemove
- review/sponsor SRU for python-apt (#531876) with persia
- Python-apt: debug/fix FTBFS
look at download problem with > 4GB (#510543)
- debug timeout failure (#517797)
- Python-apt: review/merge latest debian-sid changes and upload to PPA
- Python-apt: test new merge (in ppa:mvo/python-apt)
- Apt: debug/fix #502641 (apt-get source version selection)
- fixe three letter language codes
- fix sudo/http_proxy interaction (#432631, #391409)
- run app-install-data/command-not-found updates
- comment on Mirrors RT #9459
- Apturl: port from gtkhtml2 to webkit (part of lucid-depulication)
- Kvm: ran into #531823 and test fix
- Gdebi: new 0.6.0 version ready for lucid (fixes only)
- Ubumirror: review/sponsor upload
- Review/sponsor/upload app-install-data-partner package
- Review/merge update-manager dpm, barry branches
- Review/merge update-manager LTR fix
- Review/sponsor computer-janitor UI fix (#536908)
Scott James Remnant
- FFe processing
- Preparations for beta-1
- sync pinyin-database to get pinyin packages installable on DVD again
- mass-rebuilds for NBS: libhdf5-openmpi-1.8.4, libhdf5-serial-1.8.4
- transfig: FTBFS fix
x11-apps: fix conffile prompt on upgrade from hardy (518045)
- handhold plymouth for soname change
- plymouth bug triage in preparation for beta
- tweak ruby-pkg-tools so it's suitable for MIR
- archive admin duties
- look into the Kashmir map question