Ubuntu Kernel Team
The Ubuntu Kernel Team aims to provide the highest quality Linux kernel for Ubuntu and the Ubuntu family of products. The Linux Kernel is the core of Ubuntu and is the rock upon which we base all other Ubuntu technology, and is a usable, high-quality desktop & server operating system for users around the world. It strives to be the best free software development platform in existence.
Specific areas that the Kernel Team are responsible for currently include, in no particular order:
- Maintenance of central package of the Linux Kernel for Ubuntu supported architectures and ports.
- Development standards and collaborative development support for the Ubuntu Linux Kernel
- The Ubuntu Kernel git tree
- The Ubuntu kernel-team mailing list
- Automated Vanilla Linux Kernel Builds and packaging
- Selection of the Linux Kernel Version for Ubuntu Releases
- Serve as the interface to the Linux Kernel Upstream
Conduct weekly Ubuntu Kernel Team meetings KernelTeam/Meeting
- Ubuntu Kernel Bug Policies
- Ubuntu Kernel Team Community documentation on how to contribute to the Ubuntu Kernel
Ubuntu Kernel Roadmaps for new releases KernelTeam/Roadmap
Ubuntu Kernel Team weely reporting KernelTeam/ReportingPage
The Ubuntu Kernel Team is in Launchpad as:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel-team this is the moderated public team in which we interact with the Ubuntu Community.
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team this is a private team used by the Canonical Kernel Team for Canonical paid hardware enablement and other Canonical business.
IRC nicks are in brackets.
PeteGraner [pgraner] (Manager)
- Tim Gardner [rtg] (Team Lead)
HughBlemmings [hughhalf] (Enablement Manager)