September 2011 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
Americas Regional Membership Board
- The approval results from the September 15th Americas Membership meeting are as follows:
Asia Oceania Regional Membership Board
The approval results from the 13th September Asia Oceania Membership meeting are as follows:
Other issues discussed at the 13th September Asia Oceania Membership meeting are as follows:
- We decided to spring clean the wiki page and keep it up to date.
Notice / acknowledge the applicant candidates for the next meeting date & time for them to get prepared.
The approval results from the 27th September Asia Oceania Membership meeting are as follows:
Amith KK (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Amith KK | https://launchpad.net/~amith) was asked to come back in a while after being able to show more sustained and significant contributions. Discussions were had in to how he could possible join in on some other projects like translation and LoCos to assist with this development.
- Meeting 06 September 2011
Discuss Ubuntu Membership Process Survey Report, see: http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/09/05/ubuntu-membership-process-survey-report-and-next-steps/
- Meeting 20 September 2011
- Continued work with Membership Boards to document clearer expectations for membership
Launched call for restaffing of Community Council (7 members expiring in October)
Put out Call for additional moderators on ubuntu-user mailing list
Developer Membership Board
Developer Membership Board meeting 2011-09-12 19:00 UTC
Chair: Stéphane Graber Present: Jono Bacon, Michael Biena (DMB), Jonathan Carter, Benjamin Drung (DMB), Micah Gersten (DMB), Scott Kitterman, Cody Somerville (DMB)
Administrative matter: Review of re-staffing poll results
Micah Gersten is the winner of the poll. Result forwarded to the TB.
Administrative matter: Review of the Ubuntu Developer Survey results
It's been discussed that one of the major problems is the lack of documentation, Jono will ask Daniel to work on improving the layout of the existing documentation and Cody will work on documenting how to endorse someone.
We'll continue discussing the report at our next meeting.
Administrative matter: Package sets
We've been discussing our current package sets documentation and how to improve it as well as the way of handling changes.
As a first step, stgraber will put online the list of all package sets and their content for all supported series.
Additional documentation will likely have to be done on the wiki to document the reason for each of them, the associated team and the reason and criteria for the package list.
The next meeting is scheduled for 2011-09-26 14:00 UTC (Chair: micahg)
EMEA Regional Membership Board
- We are working on bringing the FC up to 7 members.
- TV has announced he is retiring from the FC as of September 1st, 2011.
- Continue to promote Ubuntu Forums Membership, both within the $current_staff and the community.
Ubuntu Development Teams
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
September 8th and 9th - CISL 2011 Argentina chapter. Ubuntu conferences, Ubuntu only installfest and promotional booth
September 21st - Ubuntu promotional booth and conferences at EPUEL 2011 - "Escuela Florencio Ameghino", Berazategui
September 24th - Ubuntu conferences for the Software Freedom Day at "Facultad de Ciencias Economicas de la Universidad de Buenos Aires"
September Team Meeting - This meeting was on the 11th of September 2011 and attended by 8 team members
The team was updated on release parties happening throughout the country. JaredNorris (head_victim on IRC) emailed the list about the Brisbane release party and jpickett (sagaci on IRC) emailed the mailing list about the Sydney release party.
jpickett (sagaci on IRC) updated the team on en-Au translations for Oneiric and called for anyone interested in helping out after the documentation freeze. jpickett (sagaci on IRC) also let everyone know that the en-AU Translation Jam on Saturday 3rd September went well. At least 3000 strings were translated!
Discussion continued on providing truly localized CD images to Australian Ubuntu users. A Launchpad blueprint has been created to facilitate this. It will be "real and in full flight by 12.04 LTS". A wiki page is to be set up with customisation thoughts for the local version.
The team is hoping we're approaching the final iteration of the the Ubuntu-Au Mission Statement soon.
JaredNorris (head_victim on IRC) is to set up an Ubuntu-Au Youtube account for sharing videos useful to other Ubuntu users.
Last but most certainly not least: The Australian Ubuntu LoCo Team has gained re-approval! It's been great to see people putting in the effort and as just rewards we're an official LoCo again!
* September 08th: IRC meeting with massimo21, xFlow, hfsdo, Wamukota, Sulumar, warddr, JanC, pvandewyngaerde, woutervddn and jurgen
* September 11th: booth at the computer fair in Antwerp
September 13th: meeting about the ISO & USB project at the Hackerspace in Brussels with woutervddn, warddr, thijsdl (hfsdo), and jurgentje
* September 17th: participation to the celebration of the Software Freedom Day in Braine l'Alleud, Genk and Ostend
* September 25th: booth at the computer fair in Brugge
This is the activities report of May.
- September 1st: irc meeting about UGJ details and more release parties.
- September 17th: Collaboration in the Software Freedom Day celebrated in Barcelona.
4/9 GlobalJam in Prague - location Brmlab.cz
- 17/9 Software Freedom Day in Brno and Ubuntu live meeting
- Preparations for Ubuntu Release Party Oneiric Ocelot in Hradec Králové 29/10
German Kubuntu Team
- Procedure for approving new moderators in our forum is under way.
- Ubuntistas magazine is looking for members to help with publishing.
Our members in Athens met for a pre-release party and presentation of Unity by ~ktogias https://forum.ubuntu-gr.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20113
- 2nd IRC community meeting
We participated at the Ubuntu Global Jam: http://ubuntu.hu/node/26695
Presenting about KDE and Kubuntu at the Software Freedom Day at Szeged: http://sfd.org.hu/
The number of registered users on ubuntu.hu has surpassed 23000: http://ubuntu.hu
We had our monthly IRC meeting on the first Thursday of the month as usual: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HungarianTeam/IRCMeetings
We regularly updated our loco site with the latest news: http://ubuntu.hu
- We did various translation-related tasks
The three great Makerspaces/Hackerspaces, 091Labs in Galway, TOG in Dublin and Milklabs in Limerick hosted Ubuntu Global Jam Events on Saturday 04 Sep 11. This is the first time there were 3 Global Jam Events in Ireland!
We attended Open Source Small Conference 2011 Aizu in Fukushima and held a seminar. Some photos and reports are available from the link below.
- Software Freedom Day 2011 - Polytechnic University of the Philippines, QC
Describe SerbianTeam/TeamReports/11/September here.
South African Ubuntu team
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
- Organisation of Ubuntu Global Jam 11.09 at "private university of Sousse"
Photo album :http://ubuntu.nizarus.org/UGJ-TN-11-09
- Participation to "Software Freedom Day 2011" at "The hotel Oliviers Palace of Sfax"
Photo album :http://ubuntu.nizarus.org/SFDTunisia2011
- Ubuntu Flash Coffee, Photo album:
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
- Team Meetings
- Ubuntu Hours
Saturday, September 3rd Oneiric Global Jam in San Diego
Sunday, September 11th 2011 hosted booth at Solano Stroll in Berkeley
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
Please update with team activity from 11/September here.
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Saturday September 17th Software Freedom Day Event at Philadelphia Area Computer Society
* Event: The first Milwaukee Ubuntu Hour was on Sept 2. This event will be on first Friday of each month. 1 attendee, may change the venue or time, and advertise more broadly. The next Milwaukee Ubuntu Hour will be October 7
* Event: Sept 3 IRC Brainstorm Triage Jam. This training session of how to triage Brainstorm ideas attracted two students, and triaged 10 ideas.
* Event: Sept 4 IRC Wisconsin Bug Jam. The training session attracted five students, and triaged 10 bugs.
* Event: September 26, Rick was interviewed on WXPR radio.
* Monthly Meeting: Sept 27, 8:00 CDT in #ubuntu-us-wi was postponed to Oct 5 due to bad weather causing connectivity problems for several members.
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Beginners Team
There no team meeting in the September 2011.
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Sep 5 - 9: Hosted UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek
Sept 24 - 25: Ubuntu User Days: Natty
Ubuntu NGO Team
Launched Ubuntu Women Month of Making in celebration of Ada Lovelace
Team Meeting September 8th
Announced and hosted first Career Days session
- Of the 686 Ubuntu Members at the end of this month 4.97% are women