April 2009 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- Meeting 2009-04-21:
- Yann Hamon asked for the 3 month review of Oxford Archaeology's blog on Planet Ubuntu. Everybody was happy with it.
Brian Murray joined the MOTU team. He has been doing great work in the BugSquad and we're happy to have a new MOTU on board.
- MC Call, 2009-04-08:
- Attendees (3/7): Richard Johnson, Emmet Hikory, Michael Bienia.
- Open Applications: Pedro Fragoso (MOTU; scheduled for 2009-04-10), Elliot Murphy (U-C-D; scheduled for 2009-04-23), Benjamin Drung (U-C-D; scheduled for 2009-04-23), Brandon Holtsclaw (re-activation; scheduled for 2009-04-10)
- Meeting, 2009-04-10: no quorum, no attendees.
- MC Call, 2009-04-15:
- Attendees (6/7): Daniel Holbach, Emmet Hikory, Jonathan Davies, Michael Bienia, Richard Johnson, Soren Hansen.
- Open Applications: Pedro Fragoso (MOTU; scheduled for 2009-04-10), Elliot Murphy (U-C-D; scheduled for 2009-04-23), Benjamin Drung (U-C-D; scheduled for 2009-04-23), Brandon Holtsclaw (re-activation; scheduled for 2009-04-10),LI Daobing (U-C-D; scheduled for 2009-05-08).
- Meeting times.
- MOTU Council Meeting 2009-04-23
- Attendees (6/7): Daniel Holbach, Richard Johnson, Michael Bienia, Emmet Hikory, Nathan Handler
Pedro Fragoso joined the MOTU team. He has been working with the Ubuntu Desktop Team, and he has performed Gnome updates, bugfixes, merges and even LPI changes.
Brandon Holtsclaw rejoined the MOTU team. He plans to resume working on the mono (apache and cli) packages as well as universe SRU and SWAT stuff.
- MC Call, 2009-04-29:
- Attendees (4/7): Michael Bienia, Jonathan Davies, Emmet Hikory, Daniel Holbach.
- Open Applications: Li Daobing (u-c-d), James Westby (core-dev), Jo Shields (motu).
- Continued discussion about changing to more suitable meeting times.
Community Council voted to increase size of Forums Council to seven.
The bans for linuxisevolution and LaRoza were not lifted.
- The ability for hide post count, at least from the main page has been added. Post count can still be seen on the forums user profile page.
- The Forum Council saw no problem is the issue reported by suomalainen on people replying to his posts.
- The Jaunty Jackalope Development forums was closed and the Karmic Koala Forum Development was open on 24-April-2009.
Wolfen69 was banned on 28-April-2009 for insulting multiple forums members over an extended period of time.
Americas Membership Board
- Meeting (17-April-2009)
Ubuntu Development Teams
Xubuntu team report for April 2009
- Jmak fixed a problem with the rendering of the gdm theme.
- Jmak tweaked the gdm theme buttons.
- Cody triaged a number of old xfce4-mixer bugs.
- Charlie compiled a list of critical bugs in Jaunty.
- Cody updated the menu and banner on the wiki to be smaller to help make page content easier to read.
- Cody updated the roadmap pages to reflect the current status of Jaunty goals.
- Jim is importing documentation translations from Rosetta/Launchpad with help from Matthew East and Adi Roiban.
- Xubuntu-docs 9.04.2 was released, removing the "draft" watermark from the documentation.
- Pasi fixed the looks of Xubuntu website
- Pasi created and the team released countdown banners
Packaging, Development, & Testing
- Cody patched xfce4-mixer package to fix the xfce4-mixer panel plugin which would crash on exit. He forwarded his patch upstream.
- Mario Limonciello updated gnome-screensaver to not hide the screensaver preferences from XFCE based sessions.
- A fix was uploaded to exclude screensavers' desktop files from the "Other" menu
- Lionel uploaded a patch to libxfceutil to display translations for "X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain" desktop files. The patch was contributed by Gert Kulyk.
- Cody refreshed xubuntu-desktop package.
- Cody uploaded a new version of Gigolo (0.3.0).
- Cody uploaded a new version of the xubuntu-artwork package which among other things included Jmak's gdm theme fixes.
- Cody updated xubuntu-default-settings to fix some font issues.
- Jaunty Beta and Release Candidate were released.
OpenWeek Docs Day was a great success with five hours of documentation tutorials covering everything we do. We'd like to pass on thanks to everyone who attended and made it possible and I'd especially like to thank Jorge.
- Ubuntu Documentation Students (Contributers) team became an open team.
Several new contributers welcomed to the team, especially following OpenWeek.
Team meeting 2 May 2009 19:00 UTC in ubuntu-doc on irc.freenode.net
Playbook released - Fixing Bugs in the System Documentation
- A series of lessons on IRC covering contributing to the team were announced - dates to be confirmed.
- A series of Doc Days - day long pushes across the community in nominated areas announced.
- Packaged redboot-tools to hold fis.c and fconfig.c
- Added support for iMX51 in flash-kernel; added flash-kernel.conf support
- Update clutter to a new release
- Coordinate development push towards release of win32-image-creator to support .img writes in Windows
Wrote install (entire disk), install (oem), live, and favorites test cases for UNR and posted on the wiki at http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com
- Multiple test runs and image install testing on UNR, MID, and ARM
- Modified hardening-wrapper to serve as lpia-wrapper
- Replicate pango1.0 arm-vfp logic in gtk+2.0
- Uploaded initramfs-tools running flash-kernel after update-initramfs
- Setup additional systems in home rack cabinet for LSB testing
- Completed LSB testing for Alpha 6 release
- Launched testing for Beta release
A full report may be found here
- Report Item
- Report Item
- Report Item
- Report Item
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
* Jaunty Jackalope Release parties organised: Meetings,notes
- Hosted Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 Release Party.
- Increased membership numbers to approx. 60, continuing exponential growth.
Established presence on MySpace, Flickr, and Craigslist postings to help the public find us.
- Hosted April General Meeting. Planned Installfest and "Ubuntu Women" event.
Search Engine Optimization (including Google AdWords) to help even more people find us!
2009-04-25: Held a Ubuntu 9.04 release party in Aalborg Ubuntu Live!
2009-04-30: Two people from the team attended a OpenOffice.org conference in Odense.
2009-04-23: Bug Jam where we discussed how we'd like future Bug Jams to work. Also Benjamin Drung became Contributing Developer during the Jam!
2009-04-25: Fantastic Release Party in Berlin's c-base. (Short report.)
Regular Monthly IRC Meeting was held on 15th of April
Ubuntu-ie celebrated Jaunty Jackalope Release on the 25th of April - Report
- Ubuntu 9.04 Japanese Remix CD was released on 24th April.
- We translated release announcements for Ubuntu 9.04 into Japanese.
Techinical Overview: http://www.ubuntulinux.jp/getubuntu/releasenotes/904overview
Release Notes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyJackalope/ReleaseNotes/ja
- We held "Ubuntu Offline Meeting Tokyo" on April 25th at Hirose Building, Akihabara.
- This event, organized by Ubuntu Japanese Team and Hirose Electric Works, ltd. had Ubuntu 9.04 install party and trouble shooting, a number of seminar sessions. We recived more 50 visitors.
Fumihito Yoshida who is a member of Japanese LoCo Team was approved for Ubuntu Membership.
- Team members have written articles for following local magazines:
- "Software Design: Let's experience merits of Ubuntu - illustrate installation, leverage netbook, create variants -"
Hajime Mizuno, Fumihito Yoshida who are Japanese LoCo Members and Martin Owens who is US-Massachusetts LoCo Member got the rights to translate "Ubunchu", which is a Japanese Manga comic, into English in cooperation with the author Hiroshi Seo.
Updated "ubuntu-ashisuto.ubuntulinux.jp" hardware(Athlon64/2GB Memory/Linux MD => AthlonX2/3GB Memory/SAS6iR).
- We had 5 Jaunty Release Parties in our country!
- 2009-04-15: Giving out flyers for the release party under the Communty One North conference in Oslo.
media coverage courtesy of Chin Wong on the April 28, 2009 edition of Manila Standard Today
Assignment of the following languages under our Launchpad Team
2009-04-23: Release Party in Bern.
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Apr 24: Launch of new Ubuntu-US.org!
New York Team
April 25 2pm - 4pm Jaunty Throw Down (Public Awareness) Holiday Inn @ Waterloo
April 18 8am - 11pm Rochester Bar Camp 4 Rochester @ RIT Campus
Helped organize the Philadelphia geeknic (first geeknic in the world!)
Apr 23: Pittsburgh Jaunty Release Party
Planning Philadelphia release party, scheduled for May 2nd
- April 7th - Team Meeting
April 18th - BarCamp Orlando
- April 21st - Team Meeting
April 25th Jacksonville/St. Augustine Jaunty Release Party @ City Coffe Company
April 25th Gaineseville Jaunty Release Party @ Fiber Optics Plus
- Final preparations for May 9 release party (join us!)
- CDs ordered and received, leftovers will be saved for OLF 2009
April 8: Celeste Lyn Paul presented a software usability talk to CALug in preparation for the Amarok Usablity study
April 16: Monthly meeting at the Howard County Central Library
April 18: Amarok Usabilty study with Ubuntu Maryland and CALug volunteers
- April 25: Jaunty Release Party
April 27: Celeste Lyn Paul releases the Amarok usablity report
Idaho Team (first report)
- Oct 08: Initial request to start Ubuntu Idaho
- April 09: Set up IRC channel, Wiki, Website, and mailing lists for Team
- Apr: Request approval for URL and logo
- Apr: Our first mini-install fest for Jaunty (5 in attendance)
- Apr: Started a mentorship relationship for Idaho Ubuntu Team Leaders
Held our first release party WelshTeam/JauntyReleaseParty.
Began our first election WelshTeam/Election.
Saint Petersburg Team
Apr 29 Held an install party RussianTeam/SPB/ReleaseParties/Jaunty.