|Slideshow ^ |< << Slide 59 of 79 >> >||
Sapien is a possible visual overhaul for Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. The basic principle is to use gradients and transparencies within the windows to create a smooth, intuitive interface. Windows should appear as single units, as opposed to a collection of tool bars. What this principle means from a design perspective is using as few solid lines within the windows as is possible. Any contributions should conform to the palette I've provided, although I may update this to the standard Ubuntu colors eventually.
Sapien could be used with the standard human icons, or an entirely new set.
Changes to pallete: font is now FreeSans, sizes are the same.
Above is the most recent Sapien screenshot. At this stage, the theme is still only a mockup.
Older Sapien Screenshots and files.
Image by Seth Rattan
A detail on the Sapien drop menus.
A detail on the Sapien window controls.
Images by Seth Rattan
- For images, use a low resolution picture in the wiki page. It should be no taller than 240 pixels. If you need to upload higher resolutions, please upload them as an attachment and link to them from the page.
There are two tools located at Artwork/Documentation/Software/Wiki_Scripts to help you with this
Use attachment:thumbnail.png and [attachment:file.png linkname]
Use @SIG@ to leave your signature at the end of your comment. New comments should be placed at the bottom of the feedback.
Very good work and concept. I would definitely help if I was good with gradients and transparencies. Really, though, this is the kind of theme people look for when they realize that themes are an option. Let me know if there's anything I can do- firstname.lastname@example.org. -- PitrTMayhew 2008-05-02 19:23:14
I personally dislike it how the title bar's colours blend into the rest of the window. It's too big and in your face to be included in Ubuntu 8.10, the abundance of bright loud colours is too much of an eye sore. Sorry, don't take it personally. -- Nicholas Kraak 2018-01-23 19:45:54
I just don't see that colour scheme or theme working -- Brettalton 2008-06-18 22:51:08
I like the gradients. Finally someone thinks about those. -- Karoliina Salminen 2018-01-23 19:45:54
- [get | view] (2008-05-13 15:02:03, 69.5 KB) [[attachment:sapien_mockup.svg]]
- [get | view] (2008-05-08 03:32:12, 9.0 KB) [[attachment:sapienmenus.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-05-05 17:11:05, 36.6 KB) [[attachment:sapienmockup.svg]]
- [get | view] (2008-05-02 17:59:32, 35.8 KB) [[attachment:sapienpalette.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-05-02 18:00:05, 19.7 KB) [[attachment:sapienscreenshot1.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-05-13 15:04:49, 70.2 KB) [[attachment:sapienscreenshot2.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-05-13 15:02:48, 18.2 KB) [[attachment:sapienscreenshot2thumb.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-05-08 03:32:47, 3.0 KB) [[attachment:sapienwindowcontrols.png]]