|Slideshow ^ |< << Slide 62 of 79 >> >||
I tried to show the idea of an ibex without getting into satanism or heavy machinery. Note that non-brown colors are used
So far the idea is based on a spiral of simple dots which should represent the horns of the ibex (the most interesting part, I think). The background shows how one could use browns and other colors...needs a lot of work, really
Palette Check http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Intrepid_Ibex_Palette_Review for the current version. Until now this idea is only roughly based on the exact colors.
- For images, use a low resolution picture in the wiki page. It should be no taller than 240 pixels. If you need to upload higher resolutions, please upload them as an attachment and link to them from the page.
There are two tools located at Artwork/Documentation/Software/Wiki_Scripts to help you with this
Use attachment:thumbnail.png and [attachment:file.png linkname]
Use @SIG@ to leave your signature at the end of your comment. New comments should be placed at the bottom of the feedback.
I think its pretty and has potential but what would it be used for? The shape doesn't fit with Ubuntu enough. Maybe for a splash theme? -- Brettalton 2008-06-18 22:57:51
- I really like the colors. I think this would be great for a bootsplash. For example, progress could be indicated by the how completed the logo is. The design needs a little work. The design doesn't fit as either Ubuntu's logo nor an Ibex horns. I would really push for this to be the next bootsplash, as I can see a lot of potential. -- isaacj87
* I agree, this would be a fantastic bootsplash! I love the idea of the dots slowly appearing as it boots (So the user can see how much has booted). --LostOverThere 2016-09-29 08:45:26
As a bootsplash, it could behave as the progress bar itself. It could start by havig the center circle/oval appear, and progress outward, and once complete the "Ubuntu" name could appear. Each circle could flicker, or fade, or ocilate into view -- or perhaps have each spin or flip in-place as if they were disk-like shapes. I really hope someone tries to put a bootsplash using this together, it is really sharp. Ubuntu should brand each release with art like this... kolanos
* I have attached a different take on the same design. I think it looks really clean, i just softened up the centerpiece in my design. Great Job. SamV. *I am liking this so much, I shall work on a GDM & usplash for this, great design! -/- Rugby471
- [get | view] (2008-07-25 10:25:23, 315.8 KB) [[attachment:Simple Dark Ibex Soften.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-06-03 03:59:30, 28.8 KB) [[attachment:ibex_icon.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-06-03 04:00:12, 1076.5 KB) [[attachment:ibex_icon.svg]]
- [get | view] (2008-06-02 23:04:07, 162.4 KB) [[attachment:ibex_mod.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-06-02 23:04:36, 281.4 KB) [[attachment:ibex_mod.svg]]
- [get | view] (2008-06-02 23:29:01, 184.5 KB) [[attachment:ibex_mod_0.1.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-06-02 23:29:32, 281.4 KB) [[attachment:ibex_mod_0.1.svg]]