|Slideshow ^ |< << Slide 68 of 79 >> >||
Ubuntu Gold Theme
Okay so I thought it was about time to start to spice up the Ubuntu default theme. I'm not a big fan of most of the dark themes they don't work with applications like OpenOffice that need a white background. I also think dark theme just don't look as happy and user friendly. I don't think Vista got it right don't get me wrong I like the theme but to make it nice they had to apply a whole load of effects and make it all shiny. This theme is intended to run on any computer that should run Ubuntu (no effects by default).
So the theme itself has a bit of inspiration from this theme https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/CoffeeAndMilk#preview and a lot of inspiration from this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=437694.
My work in progress version of the theme is now uploaded here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Ubuntu_Gold_Theme?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Ubuntu+Gold+Theme.tar.gz
As I said above the main concept for this theme is the mock-up on this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=437694 (without so many of the effects).
- [get | view] (2008-08-04 10:50:24, 0.5 KB) [[attachment:Ubuntu Gold Theme.tar.gz]]
- [get | view] (2008-08-04 10:03:14, 0.3 KB) [[attachment:bar.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-08-04 10:02:56, 246.7 KB) [[attachment:new-new-theme.png]]
- [get | view] (2008-08-04 10:24:52, 26.3 KB) [[attachment:ubuntu1-thumb.png]]
Feel free anyone to add any comments
- Looks nice, but get rid of the windows cursor in the screenshot. I like the bigger panels, but the text should be bigger too. The shutdown button looks out of place. I like the bottom panel. I think there should be a windows list somewhere.
Yea that is just the mock-up (that I did not make) this is how far the actual theme has got ||here || Still working on making it more like the mock-up. g